This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 14.
Here are some notes on wide receivers and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- In his past four games, Bengals receiver Terrell Owens has 16 receptions for 191 yards (47.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns. In his previous five games, Owens had 41 receptions for 618 yards (123.6 YPG) and seven touchdowns. The one thing that has been consistent is that the Bengals have lost all nine games.
- In Week 13, Bears receiver Earl Bennett had his first 100-yard game of the season. In his past seven games, Bennett has 50-plus yards five times.
- Colts receiver Reggie Wayne had a season-high 200 receiving yards against the Cowboys on Sunday. He now has two games with 14-plus receptions and 196-plus yards this season.
- Washington's Anthony Armstrong, who appeared on my free-agent pickup list, had the best game of his career—six receptions for 97 yards and a touchdown. For nine consecutive games, Armstrong has had 40-plus receiving yards.
- For a third consecutive week, Packers receiver Greg Jennings has gone over 100 yards. In his past four games, Jennings has 25 receptions for 473 yards and six touchdowns.
- Titans receiver Randy Moss finished with just one reception for 13 yards. With Kenny Britt expected to return in Week 14, it is likely that Moss remains fantasy irrelevant.
- Patriots receiver Wes Welker has 72 receptions on the season with four games to go. Over his past four games, Welker has 28 receptions for 317 yards and four touchdowns. Will he finish with 100-plus receptions for a fourth-consecutive season?
- Based on the first 12 games of the season, Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald is on pace for 84-1,052-7. Those would be the lowest totals of his career except for his injury-shortened (hamstring) 2006 season and rookie year.
- Atlanta's Roddy White has a career-high 91 receptions through 12 games. In his previous three seasons, White finished with 83-88 receptions each season.
Here are my top 10 fantasy wide receivers for Week 14:
1. Greg Jennings, Packers (at DET)
2. Andre Johnson, Texans (vs. BAL)
3. Roddy White, Falcons (at CAR)
4. Reggie Wayne, Colts (at TEN)
5. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs. GB)
6. Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (at ARI)
7. Marques Colston, Saints (vs. STL)
8. Miles Austin, Cowboys (vs. PHI)
9. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs (at SD)
10. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (at HOU)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 14.