Robinho Left Out Of Real Squad Ahead Of Season Opener
Robinho's transfer to Chelsea appeared to take a step closer today after the Brazilian international was left out of Real Madrid's squad for their opening La Liga game against Deportivo La Coruna.
The transfer has been dragging on for most of the summer, with Real repeatedly changing their stance with regards to whether they wanted Robinho to stay or go.
Earlier on this week, Peter Kenyon, Chelsea chief executive, expressed his confidence that a deal would be completed.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Kenyon is reportedly staying in Madrid in attempt to hammer out the deal, but he faces a race against time with the transfer window slamming shut on Monday
However, Madrid then appeared to close the door on the move, with sporting director Predrag Mijatovic stating that Robinho would remain at the club.
"Robinho has two years left on his contract," Mijatovic said.
"Therefore he is our player for the next two seasons, so you can draw your own conclusions from that."
Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari is keen to sign Robinho, but insists completing the deal is the work of Kenyon.
"If they can bring him here it will be down to board meetings and I have to think about Tottenham not about whether players have come or have not come," he said yesterday.
"I don't know anything because I have not spoken to Peter for the last two days.
"He is a very good player but it is not only me that wants him, all the coaches in the world do too.
"But at the moment what is happening on the pitch is the only important thing for me. For my players to play well against Tottenham is what matters."



.jpg)





