Is This the Beginning of the End for John Cena?

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Is This the Beginning of the End for John Cena?

John Cena is one of my all-time favorite athletes. He has an amazing build that he works on constantly, he can perform moves in ways that one might deem almost impossible, and he has shown enormous feats such as F-U-ing Khali off of a tractor!

Not only is he an amazing athlete, he is also one of the best entertainers in the business. His mic skills and camera presence makes you feel like you are part of the show. Plainly put, he is one of the biggest assets in the WWE.

However, with the new herniated disc surgery, are we going to see the beginning of the end for this future Hall of Famer?

It is rumored that Cena will be back in action in as little as three months, but the fact remains that this is only speculation. The surgery performed, while successful, was still a major surgery that will require attention and great nursing to get back to normal health.

Not only that, it may impossible for him to ever get back to completely normal. Spine-health.com says there is a 95% chance of full-recovery, but there is still a 5% chance that it will never happen—and that may be too close to comfort for some, including Vince McMahon.

However, we can't rule Cena out just yet.

Cena, even if he doesn't fully recover, has the type of mindset where nothing short of death is ever going to stop him from being in the ring. He will push through until he absolutely can't go anymore. You can be sure that if John Cena ever stops walking to the WWE ring, it will be because he absolutely can not anymore (which is one of the reasons, again, he is my favorite athlete of all-time).

So, the question is: Is this the beginning of the end for John Cena? Or is this the end of the beginning, with many years still left in the biz? I truly hope it is the latter, but only time will tell. Until then, let's try to enjoy the show without the star in the center.

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

WWE

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.