Wisconsin's best running back might not be ready to play this weekend
“Clay is still yet to be determined,” UW coach Bret Bielema said at his Monday news conference. “I haven’t seen him today but yesterday, he was moving as good as he has (since getting hurt against Purdue). I don’t know if we’ll have him for Tuesday, but we do expect him to get a limited amount of work this week.”
- A name I haven't heard of regarding Michigan is: QB Tanner McEvoy (6-6, 205) of Oradell, N.J. He is considering a visit to Ann Arbor. As a senior, he has over 1,600 passing yards and 19 touchdowns and has rushed for another 700 yards and 10 scores.
- DE Ray Drew will shorten his list of 30+ offers to five this week or next.
- Basketball Recruiting news: Amir Williams has dropped the Wolverines from his list and will announce between Ohio State and Florida next week.
- Michigan has offered Glenbard West junior defensive tackle Tommy Schutt for the 2012 class
- Recent Michigan visitor Marquise Williams is still with UNC: "My commitment is still firm," he said. "I just went to N.C. State to see how it was. I'm just weighing things out. I'm not really having second thoughts."
- Carlton Brundidge will sign his LOI for Michigan Basketball today at 11:00.
- Instate LB Desmond Morgan visited Northwestern this weekend and was offered by the Wildcats. Desmond's stock is very much on the rise.
Former Michigan coach finding success at Syracuse
Coordinator Scott Shafer — who already was earning a reputation as a guru in previous stops at Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Stanford and Michigan—has added to it with his SU group, which has been led by linebackers Derrell Smith and Doug Hogue. SU is ninth in the nation in total defense (297.10 yards per game), 32nd in rushing defense (128.8), 11th in pass defense (168.3), 16th in pass-efficiency defense (110.72), and 13th in scoring defense (17.8). Tyrone Wheatley is also on this staff.
Gator Bowl wants teams on a roll
"We like to get teams that finish well and have gotten their fan base excited," Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett said Monday. "We think we have enough teams under consideration to have a good chance of that."