First place is on the line tonight as Florida State (6-1, 4-0) travels to Raleigh to take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack (5-2, 2-1). Top flight quarterbacks Christian Ponder and Russell Wilson will do battle on national television.
Both quarterbacks are coming off rough outings—two weeks ago (Florida State was off last week) Ponder turned the ball over four times, as the Seminoles held on to defeat Boston College 24-19.
NC State is also coming off a bye week. Last time out, they lost in overtime to East Carolina 33-27. Wilson threw three interceptions.
So both quarterbacks are looking to get back on track. Whoever wins this game will own the tie breaker against the other in the division. A win by Florida State would be a huge step to getting to the ACC Title game.
It should be a fun one to watch. Check in to the blog tonight to get my take on the action, and post your own comments and questions as well.
- This is the fourth straight game in Raleigh in this series that has been televised on Thursday night by ESPN. Florida State won in 2004 and 2008, but lost in 2006.
- The Seminoles are off to their best start in league play since 2003.
- Both teams are the top 25 nationally in scoring.
- The Seminoles lead the ACC in scoring defense at 16.1 points per game.
- Russell Wilson leads the ACC in passing yards per game (303.4) and passing touchdowns (18).