Michigan Monday: Things I learned on Saturday
When I sat down on my couch on Saturday, I had Christmas-like thoughts running through my head. The weather was warm, and it felt like a great day for upsets. I turned on the Illinois-Michigan State game on the BTN, and this thought danced through my head: Could Michigan State, Iowa and Ohio State all get upset today?
Well, we know only Ohio State went down in a football game that I hope all the Wolverines watched. Why you ask? Not because both teams remain on Michigan's schedule (that is a good enough reason to watch), but Wisconsin gave us all a textbook example on how to upset a highly-ranked team at home. The young Wolverines need to take that class, and read that book a couple of times.
Back to my list of things I learned on Saturday that was strangely educational:
- For the young Wolverines, the more things change the more, they stay the same.
- Illinois is an improving team and out-played Michigan State for close to three quarters but couldn't score touchdowns.
- Michigan State seems to be a team dedicated to not beating themselves. They just wait for the other team to make a mistake and then win the game.
- The Minnesota Golden Gophers Athletic Department has a crystal ball. They started writing a press release firing Tim Brewster on Friday if he lost on Saturday. They did, and he got fired.
- Michigan for the second-straight year made Indiana look much better than they really are.
- Purdue always seems to play better after their first string QB goes out with an injury.
- Kenny Demens is the answer at middle linebacker for Michigan.
- Watching Michigan play this year is not good for my blood pressure.
- The Michigan coaches need to spend more time at practice—the soccer team's practice.
- I'm still really upset about Devin not red-shirting.
- Michigan needs both Denard and Tate this year.
- David Molk might be just as important to the Michigan offense as Denard is.
- This ABC/ESPN mirror thing is strange. I had the Michigan game on both ABC and ESPN channels. I can't get Texas and Nebraska?
- Speaking of Nebraska, I was real worried about them joining the Big Ten last week. Now I feel better.
- I would like to see a replay of the Auburn-Arkansas game.
- The Big Ten champ this year might have one or two losses.
- My lucky shirt from Weeks 1-5 isn't lucky anymore.
- Those new Tech Fit jerseys didn't look any different.
- Michigan's defense can make an average offense look good.
- Greg Robinson might not be the answer at DC. Even I knew the draw was coming on 3rd-and-16, and the whole Demens thing is mystifying.
- Michigan should put their starting offensive line in for field goals. Big Will blocking? I know he was an offensive lineman in high school, but come on; Iowa had their first team defense line in.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?