In the only poll of its kind, which is void of any preconceived agenda, regional bias (conference affiliation) or victory margin perceptions, the KSI Index Rating for Week #7 ranks Boise State and TCU ahead of Oregon, Utah and Auburn, which complete the Top-5 rankings within the poll.
This poll ranks the current undefeated members remaining (10 programs) and does not include any teams with one loss or more.
The KSI Ratings Index (Key State Indicators) ranks the following categories:
1. WarrenNolan.com's NPI Power Index.
2. WarrenNolan.com's Strength of Schedule Index (SOS).
3. Quarterback Rating or Pass Efficiency Rating.
4. Offensive Rush Ranking within the NCAA.com Index.
5. Offensive Pass Ranking within the NCAA.com Index.
6. Third Down Offensive Efficiency Ratio (NCAA.com).
7. Defensive Rush Ranking within the NCAA.com Index.
8. Defensive Pass Ranking within the NCAA.com Index.
9. Third Down Defensive Efficiency Rating (NCAA.com).
10. Scoring Offense Ranking (NCAA.com).
11. Scoring Defense Ranking (NCAA.com).
12. Turnover Margin Ratio (NCAA.com).
The KSI Index score is the total points earned for each statistical category based on the rank order within the 12 statistical categories that best define a championship program. A lower KSI score represents a higher ranking within each statistical category (add up the total in parenthesis within each stat category to calculate the total KSI Index score).
The numbers below each school represent their current record and the record of the opponents played thus far in 2010 through Saturday, October 16.