NFL Power Rankings After Week 4: Who Is The #1 Team in The NFL?
Matt Sullivan/Getty Images
This week in the NFL was crazy to say the least. Things are starting to take shape as the 2010-2011 season is a quarter of the way done. Two undefeated teams lost on Sunday, the Browns actually won, and Detroit almost won on the road - at Lambeau nonetheless!
Did your team move up or down?
Let's find out.
The Bottom Ten
Eeek! 49ers drop to a lowly 0-4 after playing the Falcons on Sunday.
Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
32. San Francisco 49ers (0-4) - Nothing, just NOTHING has gone right for the 49ers, once projected by most to win the NFC West.
31. Carolina Panthers (0-4) - Surprised the played the Saints close. Clausen needs a little while to learn the ropes; DeAngelo Williams is playing great ball though.
30. Buffalo Bills (0-4) - I just don't see a team going anywhere with Fitzpatrick at QB...
29. Detroit Lions (0-4) - Played very well against the Pack, but cannot execute on key plays.
28. Oakland Raiders (1-3) - Their lone win was against the Rams at home; they haven't showed many positives otherwise.
27. Arizona Cardinals (2-2) - The Cards will fall fast, I guarantee it.
26. Cleveland Browns (1-3) - Very impressed by how they played today against Cincy. Mangini needs to win now.
25. Minnesota Vikings (1-2) - Beating Detroit at home is not impressive... This team is in panic mode right now.
24. St. Louis Rams (2-2) - Don't be surprised if the Rams move into the Top 20 soon; Bradford is playing very well.
23. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) - All 4 teams in the NFC West are in the Bottom Ten, but right now I am a little more confident with the Seahawks, who are a little more overall solid than the Rams.
The Middle of The Pack
The Broncose seemed to turn things around against the Titans on Sunday.
Grant Halverson/Getty Images
22. Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) - Losing to the Browns is not good, but they played OK and should be able to rebound.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) - Don't be fooled by the Bucs record, they have been outscored by 15 in three games.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) - Impressive win against the Colts, but the Jaguars need to consistently show a lot more than this to achieve a higher ranking here.
19. Washington Redskins (2-2) - Beating the Eagles was not solid in the least. Their offense was virtually nonexistent and really, they only won because Vick was out.
18. Dallas Cowboys (1-2) - I am not too worried about the Cowboys yet, they definitely need to build off of last week's win against Houston.
17. Denver Broncos (2-2) - I am not completely sold on the Broncos, but their passing game is very impressive I must say.
16(tie). Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots (2-1, 2-1) - The Monday Night game features two teams looking to be tied atop the AFC East. I look for the Patriots to win and jump into the Top 12 of the Power Rankings.
14. New York Giants (2-2) - Personally, I have never seen such great defensive play as I saw these guys play against the Bears. Well done, Justin Tuck and the Giants' D Line.
13. Tennessee Titans (2-2) - The Titans are still playing very good football despite two losses, and will really improve if Vince Young plays consistently.
12. Chicago Bears (3-1) - You have to be worried about the consistency of this team now after beating the Packers then getting their a$$ tossed by the Giants.
11. Houston Texans (3-1) - Explosive Offense, NO DEFENSE.
Philip Rivers has the San Diego Chargers on the right track.
Jeff Gross/Getty Images
10. San Diego Chargers (2-2) - Despite not having Vincent Jackson, the Chargers are rebounding well from their Week 1 loss to the Chiefs.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (2-2) - Vick means a TON to this team, so hopefully for the Eagles, he gets back soon.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1) - The Ravens made sure the Steelers knew that they need their Franchise Player at QB if they want to have a chance at the division.
7. Indianapolis Colts (2-2) - A little shocking to see them lose to the Jags, but Peyton Manning (in his prime) will perform, I promise you.
6. New Orleans Saints (3-1) - The last two weeks have left the Saints feeling very vulnerable...
5. New York Jets (3-1) - Every week I become more and more confident in the Jets as they start to find their offensive stride.
4.Baltimore Ravens (3-1) - They have beaten two very strong teams in the Jets and Steelers, and Flacco is turning this team into something more than a defensive force.
The Cream of The Crop: The Most Powerful NFL Teams After Week 4
The fans in KC are loving their new, rejuvenated Chiefs.
Joe Robbins/Getty Images
3. Atlanta Falcons (3-1) - After beating New Orleans last week and handling the 49ers this week, Atlanta is looking like they will run the table in the NFC. Except for...
2. Green Bay Packers (3-1) - Looked shaky this week, it is clear they need a solid running game. However, this team is dominant in all other phases and Aaron Rodgers has entered elite status.
and your number one team after 4 weeks of the NFL Season...
1. Kansas City Chiefs (3-0) - You can hate all you want, but there is ONE, yes ONE undefeated team in football. That is the Kansas City Chiefs. I don't care what you say, but that sounds powerful to me. The Chiefs arsenal is loaded with Dexter McCluster, Thomas Jones, Jamaal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Dwyane Bowe, and Chris Chambers. Not to mention a lightning quick defense spearheaded by Cornerback Brandon Flowers. This team has done almost everything right this year, and have earned this #1 ranking.
Check back next week for updated rankings!