NHL Millennium Megadraft: Round Four
After taking a few days off, we return today to the NHL Millennium Megadraft, and it's time for round four.
A brief explanation for newcomers to the Megadraft: each round is made up of 30 players who were selected within a certain range in their draft year, encompassing each draft from 2001 to 2006. The players are put into a single list and ranked from one to 30.
The first round included players selected in the top five in their draft year. Round two was players picked between six and 10. Number three included players who went between 11 and 15.
Round four? You guessed it—these are players who were picked in the 16-20 range between 2001 and 2006.
The first couple of rounds were chock-full of impact players. The third round was low on franchise quality, but still contained lots of solid NHL players. Predictably, the fourth round is even less star-studded. There are plenty of players on this list who are difficult to rank because they're still fighting to crack the NHL.
Here are the 30 players who will make up round four of the NHL Millennium Megadraft:
2001: R.J. Umberger, Carlo Colaiacovo, Jens Karlsson, Shaone Morrisonn, Marcel Goc
2002: Jakub Klepis, Boyd Gordon, Denis Grebeshkov, Jakub Koreis, Dan Paille
2003: Steve Bernier, Zach Parise, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns
2004: Petteri Nokelainen, Marek Schwarz, Kyle Chipchura, Lauri Korpikoski, Travis Zajac
2005: Alex Bourret, Martin Hanzal, Ryan Parent, Jakub Kindl, Kenndal McArdle
2006: Ty Wishart, Trevor Lewis, Chris Stewart, Mark Mitera, David Fischer
91. Ryan Getzlaf: Big pivot wins two-horse race; will anchor Ducks' offense for years
92. Zach Parise: Centre fell to Devils at 17 due to size concerns; no one is concerned now
93. Brent Burns: Winger-turned-blueliner is feared at both ends of the ice
94. R.J. Umberger: More responsibility in Ohio should mean more production for Canucks pick
95. Martin Hanzal: Solid rookie year for towering Czech with excellent puck skills
96. Steve Bernier: Started career strong, but new Canuck struggling to get to next level
97. Travis Zajac: Numbers aren't impressive yet, but ring up another draft steal for NJ
98. Shaone Morrisonn: Big, steady rearguard has become fixture on Caps blueline
99. Marcel Goc: Solid all-around player buried on SJ depth chart; needs more consistency
100. Carlo Colaiacovo: Injuries have done everything but destroy promising blueliner’s career
101. Dan Paille: Will never rack up points, but does all the little things right
102. Denis Grebeshkov: 2002 pick finally putting it together with Oilers
103. Petteri Nokelainen: Two-way forward has gotten second chance in Boston
104. Boyd Gordon: Becoming an energy player with not much offense
105. Ryan Parent: Future shutdown D got a taste of the bigs last season
106. Kyle Chipchura: Character player a casualty of Habs’ deep forward corps
107. Eric Fehr: Strong offensive instincts; held back by injuries and skating issues
108. Jakub Kindl: Prize from ‘05 draft lottery should make strong push at camp
109. Marek Schwarz: Has talent for starting role, but needs to get better in the clutch
110. Alex Bourret: First dealt for Dupuis, then a third rounder; sparkplug’s stock is dropping fast
111. Trevor Lewis: Fast pivot had disappointing AHL season
112. Ty Wishart: Big, solid d-man projects as good shutdown man
113. Mark Mitera: Physical blueliner is a bit of a project
114. David Fischer: Habs pick plays steady game and is seen as top four rearguard
115. Lauri Korpikoski: Skilled forward with solid defense taking a while to develop
116. Kenndal McArdle: Physical winger spent time in ECHL last year
117. Anthony Stewart: Once-budding power forward has been major bust
118. Jakub Klepis: Traded twice, spent time with Caps before heading home
119. Jakub Koreis: Only three letters different from Klepis; not much difference in career path either
120. Jens Karlsson: Kings pick never left Sweden, hasn’t impressed there either
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?