Green Bay Packers Draft Picks Have Up-and-Down Debut
While a couple of players were up to the occasion like Matt Flynn, there were also some who played poorly like Breno Giacomini.
- Matt Flynn: The seventh-round draft choice played better than the Packers' second-round draft choice at quarterback. Flynn led a touchdown scoring drive that was capped off by a screen pass for a touchdown by Kregg Lumpkin. And if Lumpkins wouldn't have fumbled late in the fourth quarter, Flynn might have led another.
- Jordy Nelson: Most of Nelson's fireworks came on punt returns when he got ample opportunities. His four returns went for a 7.8-yard average highlighted by a 16-yard return. He also played solidly on offense when he registered two receptions and was a target for at least one more that fell incomplete.
- Jermichael Finley: His two receptions were nothing special, but his blocking drew praise from Packers Radio Network analyst Larry McCarren. That's heady stuff, considering Finley wasn't much of a blocker at Texas, especially with the praise coming from a former Pro Bowl offensive lineman.
- Brett Swain: Swain also had a pair of receptions that weren't remarkable, but he did nothing to hurt himself.
- Josh Sitton: More was expected from the rookie surprise of training camp. The fact that the coaching staff had enough confidence to place him in the starting lineup started to raise his expectations high. A false-start penalty, followed by a play in which Sitton let his man hit quarterback Aaron Rodgers, didn't exactly prove that the guard is ready to be starting lineup just yet.
- Breno Giacomini: Giacomini was routinely beaten by opposing defenders. Unless the Packer are really scared that he they might lose him to another team, Giacomini may be practice-squad material.
- Brian Brohm: People said Brohm might be the most NFL-ready quarterback in the entire '08 draft class. His 8 for 17 performance with an interception and a 33.9 quarterback rating were evidence that he is not ready yet.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?