Quick Fantasy Baseball Notes - 8/7/08
Brought to you by RotoDish.com
Just a few things going on in the baseball world that you should know about:
- Big Papi has been struggling lately and he says its because he isn’t getting any protection with Manny Ramirez in LA. Picture Papi laying in bed holding a framed picture of him and Manny, with used tissues all over the room (crying not jerking off you sicko). *Look to trade Ortiz to someone who hasn’t noticed his mediocre Manny-less production before his value drops even more*
- The Rays with another crazy win, proving once again they won’t fall off the face of the earth. Six run ninth topped off by a Carlos Pena three run walk-off against the Indians.
- Kyle Kendrick blanked the Marlins and Howard hit another bomb. If you were actually able to trade for Ryan Howard (like I said you should) than do an Irish jig and watch his average rise.
- Joba Chamberlain’s shoulder is definitely hurt. The Yankees haven’t let anyone know how bad of an injury it is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joba was sent back to the bullpen next year if the diagnosis is serious. Just a guess, but his shoulder was molded by God himself for a relief pitcher, not a starter.
- I mentioned it in a previous post, but Jeff Karstens means business, and has pitched 15 straight scoreless innings for the Pirates. Arghh!
- David Wright’s error lost the Mets the game, but that doesn’t matter to you fantasy addicts unless you are a Mets fan so hooray!
- Jhonny Peralta- 5 for 5 with a homer 2 ribbies and 2 runnies. Peralta is putting together a solid season and is hitting .315 with 8 homers and 45 RBI’s since June 1.
- Albert Pujols- 4 for 4 with a homer 4 ribbies 2 runnies and a walkie (I’m done I promise). Pujols had just busted out of an 0-13 slump the day before, so fear the big man once again.
- Shaun Marcum won for the first time since returning from the DL… against the A’s. Everyone seems to think it isn’t a big deal since Oakland sucks, but I think its safe to start him ASAP.
- Timmy Lincecum and Ervin Santana are still chugging along after winning yesterday.
- The Cardinals are switching to a closer by committee plan, and Chris Perez earned his first save of the season.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?