Twenty Reasons Why College Football Is Better Than Pro Football
1. College football has cheerleaders who actually lead cheers. Pro football has "cheerleaders" who are actually showgirls with pom-poms.
2. College football has marching bands. Pro football brings in marching bands, or plays canned music over the loudspeaker.
3. College players play for the love of the game and their school. Pro players play for the love of their contract.
4. In college, every game counts. In the pros, you have four games in August that don't.
5. College football has Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno. Pro football has Jerry Jones and Al Davis.
6. College football has TWO teams in Los Angeles. Pro football has none - and the Avengers don't count!
7. College football has the Axe, the Old Oaken Bucket, the Little Brown Jug, the Apple Cup, and a couple of Victory Bells. Pro football has, well...
8. College football has Renegade, Traveler (being a UCLA Bruin alum, it was hard to admit that), UGA, Smokey, and Ralphie. Pro football wouldn't let them within 100 yards of the stadium.
9. Florida Gator fans don't have to worry about Tim Tebow being traded to Florida State for two defensive linemen and a cornerback to be named later.
10. Notre Dame supporters do not have to worry about Jimmy Clausen holding out of training camp because he wants his contract renegotiated.
11. Number of NFL teams: 32. Number of major college football teams: 66. That's more than double, folks; more than twice as many teams available for a fan to follow.
12. Everybody knows "Hail To The Victors" and "Cheer, Cheer For Ol' Notre Dame". Can they say the same for "Hail To The Redskins"?
13. No Personal Seat Licenses in college, thank God!
14. Colleges do not rename their stadiums every few years. How many names have the 49ers' stadium had? No AT&T Park or MCI Stadiums in college (again, thank God!)
15. College football players don't get fined $5,000 for wearing their socks too high of for tucking in their towel wrong.
16. The NFL stands for the "No Fun League". Players clearly have more fun in college.
17. College football teams still give away free tickets to underprivileged school kids; UCLA has an "I'm Going To College" day for such a purpose. NFL teams would rather go out of business than give free tickets away.
18. In college, teams don't move out of town and leave their fans because the owner doesn't like the stadium and is making mere millions instead of billions.
19. Rivalries mean a lot more in college. If the Redskins lose to the Cowboys, or the Bears lose to the Packers, they get another shot at them in a few weeks - it diminishes the rivalry's importance. If Ohio State loses to Michigan, however, they have to live with it for the next 364 days.
20. College football's championship game does not have eight hours of pre-game coverage. There are no reports about the star running back's next door neighbor's cleaning lady's cousin, or any beer bottles playing in a Bud Bowl. Nor are there any cheesy boy bands or teen pop-tarts singing at halftime. And no Up With People, either, THANK GOD!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?