I feel obligated to snap this off tonight. The Tex Mex Phillies aka Astros are a much different team and Roy Oswalt deserves some advice upon his arrival. Considering Houston is like our second home I would like to help him adjust once he gets to Philly (he pitches tomorrow night at the Nats for anyone who has been asleep).
Big Texas Howdy, Roy! I hope this helps you as much as you will help us on our quest to the World Series!
- There is no Original Momma Ninfa's or anything quite like it anywhere in the area (and I mean it).
- There is no Luling City or Goodes BBQ and BBQ in Philly is hickory or mesquite, no walnut and apple wood unless you search.
- We do not go to the beach, we go down the shore. Our water is more grey than blue-green.
- Our stadium has no cover so be prepared to play no matter what. Fire works look better here than at Minute Maid Park.
- Philly fans love to love you and will not hesitate to hate you. Houston fans just love having you and a baseball team in town.
- Get a cheese steak anywhere. Texadelphia is not a real cheese steak place despite what Houstonians think.
- Eat some real Italian food in South Philly
- Take a ride to the Poconos - America is not flat, just Texas.
- Learn to deal with the Mets fans who invade our stadium like mad, crazy bees. They can be a distraction.
- Finally, ignore the boo's. We love having you here - we are just lacking that southern warmth. we will make up for it in spirit.
The City of Brotherly Love guarantees you a parade you won't soon forget when we win the World Series.
Advice to J A Happ - everything above in reverse! See you in Houston!