Boxing Weekly: News, Results, and What To Watch.
• The scheduled fight between Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham on October 2, 2010 will be judged by three American judges due to the controversy over Froch's narrow point loss to Mikkel Kessler.
• The suspension that was put on Golden Boy Promotions by the New York State Athletic commission has been lifted as of July 20, 2010. The suspension was placed on Golden Boy July 6, 2010.
• Since defeating Rafael Concepcion by knockout in the third round, WBC and WBO Bantamweight Champion Fernando Montiel is now scheduled to face Nonito Donaire in November. Donaire will be coming up from the super flyweight division for this match.
• Ivan Rivera, president of Puerto Rico Best Boxing Promotion, officially announced an unification fight as WBO Jr. Flyweight Champion Ivan Calderon will be matched against Giovanni Segura, who holds the WBA version of the belt, on August 28.
• Wladimir Klitschko will defend his heavyweight crown against Samuel Peter on September 11. Klitschko was initially set to square off with mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin, however, Povetkin pulled out of the fight because his trainer, Teddy Atlas, felt he was not "seasoned" enough for the fight yet.
• Former Light Welterweight Champion Ricky Hatton renewed his boxing license. He has stated he didn't finish his career right. Hatton would like his last fight to be "an absolute war."
• Talks have been had of a possible matchup between undefeated WBC Welterweight Champion Andre Berto and WBA Light Middleweight Champion Miguel Cotto for this fall on HBO.
• WBA Featherweight Champion Yuriorkis Gamboa could be in need for a new opponent for his September 11 date on HBO. Gamboa was scheduled to fight Elio Rojas, who holds the WBC version of the featherweight crown, however, Rojas injured his shoulder during training. This injury may prevent Rojas from competing this fall. Celestino Caballero, a former Super Bantamweight Champion, may be a possible candidate to replace Rojas.
• Beibut Shumenov (10-1) successfully defended his WBA Light Heavyweight title against previously undefeated Viacheslav Uzelkov (22-1). Despite being knocked down in the first round, Shumenov displayed a tremendous amount of skill and a high work rate that won him a 12-round unanimous decision. Shumenov also knocked Uelkov down in the third round.
• Featherweight Gary Russell Jr. (11-0) stopped veteran Mauricio Pastrana (35-15-2) in the first round. He displayed both speed and power in his destruction of Pastrana.
Friday July 30, 2010
• Welterweight Delvin Rodriguez (25-4-2) will complete this week's edition of ESPN Friday Night Fights against Ashley Theophane (26-4-1)
Saturday July 31,2010
• Juan Manuel Marquéz (50-5-1) will defend his WBO/WBA/Ring Lightweight titles against Juan Diaz (35-3) in the main event on HBO Pay-Per-View. This is a rematch of the 2009 Fight of the Year.
• Daniel Jacobs (20-0) is fighting Dmitry Pirog (16-0) in a middleweight fight. The two fighters will be competing for the WBO Championship, a title that Sergio Martinez was stripped of due to regulations set by the WBO.
• Former champions Joel Casamayor (37-4-1) and Robert Guerrero (26-1-1) will square off in a light welterweight bout.
• Jorge Linares (28-1) is scheduled to enter the ring with Rocky Juarez (28-6-1) at the lightweight limit of 130 lb..
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?