Brock Lesnar proved to the world at UFC 116 that he is beatable.
Even though he survived the first round beating that Shane Carwin brought him, Brock Lesnar can be beaten.
The current No. 1 contender is an undersized Cain Velasquez.
It seems people think Velasquez has a chance, but Lesnar will be too big and too strong for him.
Brock Lesnar will easily be able to lie on top of Cain Velasquez just like he has done Frank Mir and Shane Carwin.
Once Roy “Big Country” Nelson beats Junior Dos Santos in the upcoming UFC 117, Nelson should be the No. 1 contender to fight Brock Lesnar.
Since TUF 10, most UFC fans have looked at Roy Nelson as a joke, but indeed he is no joke.
Since he has been in the UFC, Roy Nelson has had two first-round knockouts against Brandon Schaub and Stefan Struve.
Although neither fighter is a contender, both are great wins for Roy Nelson.
Many argue that Nelson is not a good fighter because of his loses to Andrei Arlovski and Ben Rothwell.
If you watched the Arlovski fight, then you know it was a great fight and Nelson got caught with an unlucky punch that rocked him.
All great fighters have had moments like this.
The split decision loss to Rothwell was over three years ago now and Roy Nelson is a much better fighter present day.
Now you may ask, how the heck is Roy Nelson going to beat the powerhouse Brock Lesnar?
1. Nelson has proven he has one-punch knockout power while Brock Lesnar has proved he can be rocked and dazed.
2. Nelson is a great boxer and can strike with any Heavyweight in the UFC.
3. Brock Lesnar will not be able to lie on top of Roy Nelson like he has done other fighters.
4. Nelson is a great grappler; he beat Frank Mir in a grappling match.
5. Nelson is not a fighter to be on bottom and will out-wrestle Brock Lesnar.
6. Unlike most fighters, Nelson is a complete well-rounded fighter with both great striking and grappling.
7. He has great strength, speed, and cardio.
In early 2011, Roy Nelson will be the Heavyweight Champion in the UFC.