New York Mets Try to Settle for One in Arizona: Game 3 Preview
After losing their past two games against the D-Backs, the Mets will try to salvage at least one game before they head to Los Angeles to face the Dodgers for a four-game series.
For the second straight series, the Mets look to try to get a win in the final game after losing the rest.
This road trip out west has not gone well so far for the Mets. Here is tonight’s lineup, with some comments from me.
1. Jose Reyes, SS - Reyes hit the ball well his last three at bats on Monday, and also got two hits yesterday.
2. Angel Pagan, RF - Pagan got two hits yesterday, including a solo home run.
3. David Wright, 3B - Wright went 0-for-4 last night, including a strikeout.
4. Carlos Beltran, CF - The Mets have not won a game that Beltran started since his return. The Mets only win was Sunday, when Pagan started in center with Jeff Francoeur in right.
5. Ike Davis, 1B - Davis went 1-for-4 last night, but what was most concerning was that he struck out three times.
6. Jason Bay, LF - Bay went 0-for-3 last night with two strikeouts. I am surprised he hasn’t lost much playing time since the return of Beltran.
7. Rod Barajas, C - I am surprised Josh Thole isn’t getting the start tonight after hitting his first Major League home run last night. Usually, Jerry Manuel would reward him in that instance.
8. Alex Cora, 2B - Cora gets the start today to give Luis Castillo a day off.
9. Jonathon Niese, SP - Niese has been a big key for the Mets since he got off the disabled list.
Tonight’s starting pitching matchup will be: For the Mets, Jon Niese (6-4, 3.44 ERA) will face Dan Haren (7-8, 4.60 ERA) from the D-Backs. Tonight’s game is scheduled to start at 9:40pm. Tonight’s game will be broadcast on SNY.
Flushing Baseball Daily reporter, Tyler Moore. Follow Tyler on Twitter, where he'll discuss Mets, and also his posts. If you wish to email him, send an email to Tyler with the subject of Flushing Baseball Daily Mail. Thanks for reading!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?