Top 5 Teams For 2008-2009 College Basketball Season
With recruiting just about over and training for a new year, every team has the dream of cutting down the nets in April. More realistically there are 5 teams who have a shot at doing that next season.
1. North Carolina - UNC was a #1 seed who has all their stars returning. Ty Lawson coming back healthy is the biggest news for this team after he turned down the NBA draft.
Tyler Hansbrough is the best big man in college and for his last year there I bet he wants to end it with a bang.
The roster is deep with talent making anything less than a championship for Roy Williams would be a failure. I see UNC running away with the title.
2. Connecticut - UCONN was disappointing in the tournament last season, but with AJ Price's ACL injury it can be understood why they lost.
They are coming back healthy with a talented recruiting class that will make them the favorite to win the Big East.
Hasheem Thabeet really improved last season and will be expected to get even better. They have the most athletic line up in college and should compete to give Calhoun another ring.
3. UCLA - Ben Howland has got this program year after year to the final four or the title game, but failed to come out on top. I see them in the run again this season again.
Even though they lost Russel Westbrook and Kevin Love their recruiting class is arguably the best. Not to mention Darren Collison is returning and hoping to stay healthy.
Jrue Holiday and J'Mison Morgan are going to be big time players next to Collison and Josh Shipp, which is why this team will be once again in talks to make the final 4.
4. Louisville - They lost Derrick Caracter and David Padgett, but last years Elite 8 team of Terrence Williams, Earl Clark, Jerry Smith, Edgar Sosa and Andre McGee with freshman stud Samardo Samuels will have Rick Pitino's squad looking to be a legit final 4 team.
5. Georgetown - DaJuan Summers, Austin Freeman, Chris Wright, Jessie Sapp and Greg Monroe will give John Thompson III another final 4 caliber team.
The recruiting class is deep and the returning players will give the Hoyas a more well balanced team. Chris Wright is the player to look out this season to break out.
I predicted Kansas beating Memphis last season around this time and next year I look at UNC defeating UCONN in the finals. UNC will have to build more room for all the championship banners.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?