Just a few weeks after Bellator debuted in Boston, MA, and a few months before the UFC invades with an August mega-event, Moosin will make its Massachusetts debut Friday night in Worcester, MA.
The promotion will run the 11,000-seat DCU Center and bring in some notable former UFC stalwarts and one of the more colorful figures in combat sports.
Yours truly will be live blogging the event for Bleacher Report, starting at 7:00 PM EST.
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion-turned-hired-gun Tim Sylvia will take on former multi-time World's Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski in the main event with heavyweights Josh Barnes and Travis Wiuff facing off in the co-main event.
In an exhibition, Eric "Butterbean" Esch and former Boston Bruins fighter Lyndon Byers will also go head-to-head. Esch is a co-promoter of the event, so I'm not sure what we'll get here.
Look for more on the promotion and a preview of the event Friday only on Bleacher Report.
Here are the weigh-in results from Thursday:
- Tim Sylvia (305) vs. Marius Pudzianowski (273)*
- Travis Wiuff (253) vs. Josh Barnes (262)*
- Travis Lutter (185) vs. Rafael Natal (185)*
- Yves Edwards (157) vs. Mike Campbell (156)*
- Tara LaRosa (129) vs. Roxy Modafferi (128)*
- Ho Jin Kim (196) vs. Lukasz Jurkowski (214)
- Ralph Johnson (171) vs. Forrest Petz (170.5)
- Matt Lee (170.5) vs. Brett Oteri (175.5)
- Fred Belleton (185) vs. Anthony Lapsley (185)
- Paul Barry (245) vs. Stipe Miocic (241)
*Expected for the PPV portion of the show
- I wasn't present for the weigh-ins, but it looks like they were being a bit liberal with some of the weights, especially with the Kim/Jurowski and Lee/Oteri fights.
- Sylvia's weight is interesting. With no super heavyweight division for either the UFC or Strikeforce, it's pretty safe to say these one-off shows are what's left for the big man. I'm intrigued by this main event.
- The event is available on PPV and internet PPV. For the full details, here you go .
- Our live event coverage kicks off here at 7:00 PM EST Friday night, complete with post-fight press conference coverage.
Bleacher Report Senior Analyst Josh Nason has been a contributor to FIGHT! Magazine, Australian men's magazine Apollo and appears regularly on The Fight Show and Fight Network Radio. Follow him on Twitter.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!