No Place Like Home for College Football
Everyone has their list of the loudest, toughest, and scariest college football stadiums.
Death Valley (both Clemson and LSU), Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, and Lane Stadium are just a sampling of the stadiums that give opposing teams and coaches nightmares.
Based on the home records of major college football teams over the past 25 years, I have compiled a list of the toughest places to play according to the home team's winning percentage.
25. Tiger Stadium (Death Valley), LSU .689
24. Kinnick Stadium, Iowa .697
23. The Rose Bowl, UCLA .704
22. Mountaineer Field, West Virginia .716
21. Husky Stadium, Washington .733
20. Scott Stadium, Virginia . 740
19. Los Angeles Coliseum, Southern Cal .742
18. Memorial Stadium (Death Valley), Clemson .745
17. Lane Stadium, VA Tech .759
16. M.M. Roberts Stadium (The Rock),Southern Miss. .769
15. LaVell Edwards Stadium (Formerly Cougar Stadium), BYU .771
14. Sanford Stadium (Between the Hedges) Georgia .780
13. Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Texas .785
12. Beaver Stadium (The Beav), Penn State .788
11. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee .796
10. Jordan-Hare, Auburn .796
9. Kyle Field (The 12th Man), Texas A&M .801
8. Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Oklahoma .805
7. Bulldog Stadium, Fresno State .808
5. (Tied) Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe), Ohio State .828
5. (Tied) Michigan Stadium (The Big House), Michigan .828
4. The Orange Bowl, Miami .848
3. Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State .858
2. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp), Florida .863
1. Memorial Stadium (The Sea of Red), Nebraska .893
Now this list may not be in accordance with the worst places to play in respect to the players’ and coaches’ opinions. But these are, by the numbers, the best home records among major college football teams in the past 25 years.
*South Florida has a home winning percentage of .812 but was left off the list due to the fact that they have not been in the BCS division for the past 25 years.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?