Kentucky is trying to join Kansas as the only other top team to win their conference tournament. While Kentucky has already nailed down a number one seed they are trying to add another trophy to an already full Wildcat trophy cabinet. Mississippi State has made a great run in the SEC tournament to get what looks like an at large bid at worst.
Oddsmakers have really been all over the place during the conference tournaments the past week. Initially Kentucky -7 was set but almost immediately it has jumped to -7.5. The total has not seen the same line movement with 138 standing steady.
Kentucky Wildcats (31-2, 17-14 ATS)
One of a few teams that really have a chance to win the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky did not cut down nets after winning the regular season and Calipari said they will not cut down the nets until the Final Four. The consensus #1 pick in this years NBA draft, John Wall was well hyped and lived up to they hype. But he is not alone UK has at least three other future NBA players. The motivation is the big question in this game, if UK does not come to play Mississippi State will cover and win straight up. Earlier this year UK won in Starkville 81-75 (OT). That win was good enough to win ATS and cover the over.
Recent Betting Trends (Kentucky):
- Wildcats are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
- Wildcats are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win.
- Wildcats are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
- Wildcats are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing less than 50 points in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Wildcats last 7 overall.
Mississippi State Bulldogs (23-10, 15-12-1 ATS)
Coming into the SEC Tournament the Bulldogs were definitely needing a few more wins. But not many could have predicted that they roll all the way to the finals. The Bulldogs are very good defensive team when Vernado can stay out of trouble. Unfortunately in the earlier matchup in Starkville he was in foul trouble the whole second half. To win this game they might need a little help from UK or just some hot shooting from the three point line. Lucky for bettors to get a cover we don't need all those things.
Recent Betting Trends (Mississippi State)
- Bulldogs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 neutral site games.
- Bulldogs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 neutral site games as an underdog.
- Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
- Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Bulldogs are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games as an underdog.
Motivation can really be the great equalizer and UK really does not have it on their side. Also head to head the underdog has gone 4-1 in Last 5 matchups! Either way this game will be an interesting battle of styles that will be a great story.
Get all of CT SPORTS PICKS EXPERT HANDICAPPERS Guaranteed Winners Daily!