2010 Winter Olympics logo2010 Winter Olympics

USA vs. Canada: Tweeting the Game Live From Vancouver, Second Period

VANCOUVER, BC - FEBRUARY 28:  Ryan Kesler #17 of the United States celebrates after scoring a goal on the deflection past Roberto Luongo #1 of Canada during the ice hockey men's gold medal game between USA and Canada on day 17 of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics at Canada Hockey Place on February 28, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada.  (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
Joe O'DonnellContributor IFebruary 28, 2010

The following are my second period tweets from the USA-Canada gold medal game live from Vancouver. Follow me on Twitter--@jodonnell13.

Every time one of the Canadian announcers says "about" I giggle. Even after three weeks here. 36 minutes ago via web

Michael J. Fox and Bryan Adams in the same building? Look out! 33 minutes ago via web

If USA goes down 2-0, it's over. 32 minutes ago via web

"Shutout" is another funny word when uttered by a Canadian. 31 minutes ago via web

Ryan Kesler has become one of my new favorite players during these Olympics... 27 minutes ago via web

...the day before the first USA-Canada game, when asked about the rivalry, he bluntly said "I hate them." 26 minutes ago via web

Power play can't even get the puck deep. Trouble. 25 minutes ago via web

Perry slaps in easy goal. 2-0 Canada. Big trouble. 23 minutes ago via web

Halfway through and this game has "shutout" (Canadian pronunciation) written all over it. 19 minutes ago via web

Ryan Miller's ripped-out Uncle Sam helmet: cheesy or super cheesy? 14 minutes ago via web

Scratch the shutout...my boy KESLER with the give and go goal. 2-1 Canada... HUGE goal. 12 minutes ago via web

I cannot believe I'm going to be out of Vancouver before CTV's new slapstick comedy "Dan For Mayor" airs. Life just isn't fair. 9 minutes ago via web

Where can I comment?

Stay on your game

Latest news, insights, and forecasts on your teams across leagues.

Choose Teams
Get it on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

Real-time news for your teams right on your mobile device.

Download
Copyright © 2017 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BleacherReport.com is part of Bleacher Report – Turner Sports Network, part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. Certain photos copyright © 2017 Getty Images. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of Getty Images is strictly prohibited. AdChoices