Thunder-Timberwolves: Oklahoma City Wins Ninth Straight
After it was all said and done, the Thunder pulled out its ninth consecutive win and survived and a late push from Minnesota. Oklahoma City defeated Minnesota, 109-107, at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
The Thunder will travel back to Oklahoma City tonight and prepare for an important game against Phoenix on Tuesday. They will also play the Spurs the very next evening, on Wednesday. Let's get to Thunder-T'Wolves game observations:
- Russell Westbrook earned his second triple-double of his career and has to be the quickest improving player in the Western Conference, if not the entire league.
- Kevin Durant extended his 25-point streak to 29 consecutive games, passing Allen Iverson. He is now chasing the shadow of Michael Jordan's 40-game mark.
- Nick Collison makes so many important plays for the Thunder. He must average two charges taken a game. He had a couple tonight in crucial situations that stopped any momentum Minnesota had.
- Can Fox Thunder please find new commentators? I'm tired of hearing "Return to sender!!!" and "THAT'S THUNDER BASKETBALL!" after every block or good defensive stand.
- James Harden doesn't get enough minutes. He was hot tonight and hit two trey balls and was sent to the bench. I understand. Sefalosha is valuable for his defensive skill, but Harden isn't that far of a drop off. And when somebody is hot, I've always been taught to let them "make it rain."
- Why does it seem like Jeff Green only makes shots when it's a clutch situation? Anytime the Thunder have a comfortable lead, he will never make a jumper. He needs to stay to his strength and attack the basket.
- Jonny Flynn is fun to watch. Anytime he makes a big play he gives like an evil grin. I always think of somebody like the Joker from Batman when I see it. Random? I know.
- Darko Milicic could not absolutely care less about being a Timberwolve. I know he wasn't happy being traded to Minnesota, but he was looking lazy all game and was looking like he was trying to show he didn't want to be there.
- I know Nenad Krstic was semi-hot, but when is it time to possibly consider starting Serge Ibaka? He's so much more aggressive on defense and his jumper isn't half bad. When Krstic starts and he can't make a jumper, he's like a body running around not doing a thing.
- Kevin Love is a great passer for a power forward. When he has the ball down low he's great at finding passing lanes.
- I love Minnesota's court. That is all.
- Oklahoma City has the longest winning streak in the league. You read that right. Nine in a row? Yes, please.
- Kevin Ollie made a quick appearance for the first time in months against his former team and almost seemed like he was intentionally trying to help the Timberwolves come back. I say we just stick to Westbrook and Maynor, maybe?
-Jonny Flynn needs to go back to wearing the tight Under Armour t-shirt underneath his jersey. He was easily the most stylish in college when he tried. Plus, like they all say, "When you look good, you play good."
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?