- Jeremy Sowers is really bad, I don't think the Indians can count on him in 2009.
- I am going to read Paul Byrd's new book (Free Byrd). hopefully it won't eject itself from my backyard like his fastballs.
- Grady Sizemore should be an All-Star this year because he leads the league in Homeruns and has had to play with this crappy lineup all year.
- The Indians boast the ERA leader and Homerun leader in the American League but still are 11 games under .500.
- Speaking of Cliff Lee, I am truly amazed at how good he is this year, his command has been unbelievable. Between him and Carmona, we now have 2 aces for 2009.
- Shin Soo Choo is a fourth outfielder, nothing more, nothing less.
- Ben Francisco is a solid everyday outfielder, just not a guy who should bat in the 3 hole.
- Kelly Shoppach strikes out too much for an everyday catcher.
- David Dellucci is washed up and I hope he is released so we can stop watching him play every year.
- Casey Blake may be on the Indians in 2009, and that not be a bad thing. He also has more range at shortstop than Jhonny Peralta.
- Ryan Garko kind of sucks this year, should he be the first baseman of the future? I say no.
- The Andy Marte experiment was over in 2007.
- Edward Mujica sucks.
- Jhonny Peralta should start taking ground balls at third base today.
- Jamey Carroll is a grinder.
- Asdrubal Cabrera should be playing everyday in Cleveland, at shortstop.
- Franklin Gutierrez is a great defender, but an offensive hitter.
- Jorge Velandia and Sal Fasano should never be on a contending team, and they are not.
- Joe Borowski should retire.
- Raffy Left is way better than Raffy Right.
- Masa Kobayashi shouldn't worry so much about stretching his back, he should worry about stretching his neck.
- I excuse Mark Shapiro for this team's injuries, but I don't excuse the inactivity of the offseason.
- I don't excuse Mark Shapiro for overvaluing his existing talent.
- Eric Wedge says grinding way too much.
Supposedly the management and Wedge are having meetings today. Hopefully moves will be made because this team is pretty much unwatchable. Also props to North Olmsted High School product Adam Russell gaining his first 2 major league wins against the Indians. As a fellow alum of the baseball program, I couldn't be happier for him, but I just wish he didn't pitch for the White Sox.
Also, check out The Tribe Time Reportfor daily updates on the Indians. I give him big props for doing a great job writing and linking daily as I can't bring myself to do that for this crummy season. My RSS feeds do update frequently, which is nice.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!