Even More WrestleMania 26 Predictions
The Road to WrestleMania is open, and with it a traffic jam of predictions over what could happen in Phoenix. But with the huge detour at Elimination Chamber still to come the WWE and World title pictures are a bit fuzzy at this point, but that's half the fun of calling stuff before it happens. So here goes:
1. Money In The Bank Match - With opportunities to write in Title shots quickly evaporating, I'd expect Shawn Michaels to make one last grasp at the Undertaker with this match. It'll be setup to go down to the wire but HBK will show why he is the expert at the Ladder match.
2. World Title Match: HHH (c) vs. The Undertaker - Sooner or later a decision will have to be made regarding the Undertaker's status regarding his health, so here's how I see it happening: The Game gets eliminated first in the Raw Chamber, then backstage he finds a desperate HBK superkicking R-Truth in an attempt to steal his spot in the SmackDown Chamber.
As a result HBK gets thrown out, and HHH goes to Vince to lobby for R-Truth's spot in an effort to prevent another HBK/Taker match, he goes in and pins 4 out of 5 to win the title. Undertaker exits early to save his strength and will obviously invoke a rematch for WM26, he wins a 25+ minute match and extends the streak to 18-0. Then....
3. MITB Cash-in: HBK vs. The Undertaker (c) - The DX plan comes together, HBK runs in and distracts the ref while Hornswoggle hands HHH his sledgehammer to give the Undertaker a shot in the head to knock him out. Michaels then produces the case and cashes in the shot, pinning the Undertaker with no effort and winning the World Title in shocking fashion and sending the Undertaker to 18-1 at WrestleMania.
4. Sharpshooter Submission Match: John Cena (w/ Bret Hart) vs. Batista (w/ Vince McMahon) featuring Special Guest Referee The Rock - Whew, long name, amazing match (one would hope!).
This is one match everybody knows is coming, so here's the twist. Vince will attempt to force Hart into a match with Batista at WM, but the Doctors won't clear him to wrestle. So instead Vince will offer Bret to pick a repesentative to face Batista, obviously he'll pick Cena. But after this is revealed Vince tells them that the only way to win is to apply the Sharpshooter to the opponent and make him tap, the same move that helped create the '97 incident.
Now the deck is apparently stacked against Cena, Batista already has the Ankle Lock as a submission move, so its not that much of a stretch to think he can perform the Sharpshooter easily. Bret and John decide to call in all the old favors each has built up over the years and get a petition started for a guest referee for the match, this succeeds and the choice is revealed as The Rock.
Obviously Cena wins this one.
5. Odds and Ends - The rest of the Crystal Ball is too hazy to make a solid guess, but perhaps we'll be discussing these points come showtime:
Christian, the Last Extremist, will be poised to steal the show at some point, the question is which belt is he going after? Edge I think will most likely challenge whoever the WWE Champ is, doesn't matter if its Sheamus or Randy Orton; I'm interested in the WM Rookie being thrust into the spotlight, but could the former tag partners light the fuse one more time? Legacy is poised to split with a whimper rather than the roar everyone hopes, but perhaps Ted and Cody are being set for a long run as Champions of a revitalized Tag Team division? And what role (if any) will WWE NXT will play?
All I know is, its going to be a wide-open adventure into Phoenix.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?