- Floyd Mayweather has reportedly finally signed the contract to face Shane Mosley on May 1.
- Chris Arreola vs. Thomasz Adamek is rumored to be in the works, with an April 24 HBO date attached to it.
- IBF super middleweight champ Lucian Bute will defend his title against Edison Miranda on April 17 in Montreal. HBO will televise.
HBO is hoping to co-feature the bout with Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez, in a split telecast from Atlantic City. Negotiations are ongoing.
- A co-feature with Amir Khan facing Juan Manuel Marquez and Nate Campbell taking on Victor Ortiz is being worked on, with a target date of May 15 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
- Robert Guerrero and Michael Katsidis have verbally agreed to meet on HBO’s Boxing After Dark on March 27.
- Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones Jr. has been made official. It will be broadcast live on PPV from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on April 3.
Ricky Hatton and his trainer Lee Beard have parted. No word yet on who Beard will be replaced by.
- After more than a year of inactivity due to promotional issues, unbeaten WBO junior middleweight champion Sergiy Dzindziruk has reached an agreement to part ways with Universum Box-Promotion.
He has signed with Gary Shaw Productions and Banner Promotions. Shaw has stated that Dzindziruk will make his U.S. debut in the spring.
- On Jan.28, Roger Mayweather pleaded not guilty to felony charges that he beat and choked a female boxer last summer. He was released on $13,000 bail.
Mayweather will face trial beginning June 1 on charges of coercion, battery-strangulation, and battery causing substantial bodily harm. He faces three to 16 years if convicted.
Glen Johnson (49-13-2, 33 KOs) vs. Yusaf Mack (28-2-2, 17 KOs) on Friday, Feb. 5. ESPN2 will televise.
WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero (26-0, 26 KOs) will defend against Antonio DeMarco (23-1-1, 17 KOs) on Saturday, Feb. 6 on Showtime.
Thomasz Adamek (39-1, 27 KOs) will battle Jason Estrada (16-2, 4 KOs) in a heavyweight bout on Feb. 6 in Newark, New Jersey. The fight will not be televised.
Jorge Solis (37-2-2, 27 KOs) will fight Likar Ramos (21-2, 15 KOs) for the WBA interim junior lightweight title on Feb. 6 in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
WBA light heavyweight champ Gabriel Campillo (19-3, 5KOs) lost his title via highly-controversial split-decision to Beibut Shumenov (9-1, 6 KOs) on Jan. 30 in Las Vegas.
IBF middleweight champion Sebastian Sylvester (33-3, 16 KOs) defended his title by 10th round TKO over late sub Billy Lyell (21-8, 4 KOs) on Jan. 30 in Germany.
Also on Jan. 30, Jorge Arce (53-6-1, 40 KOs) won the vacant WBO super flyweight crown with a seven round technical decision over Angky Angkota (18-4, 9 KOs) in Mexico City. The fight was stopped after an accidental headbutt caused a substantial cut over Angkota’s right eye.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!