Everybody knows Ben Roethlisberger. He's been the Steelers QB for the past 6 years and has won 2 Superbowls with this team. Most people would think this would earn him elite status. It didn't.
Let me list his accomplishments.
1. Two time Superbowl winner
2. Rookie of the Year in 04
3. Has the most wins in his first 5 seasons than any QB in NFL history
4.The 3rd QB to have over 500 yards passing, 3TD's, and no picks in one game
5.10th QB to pass for over 500 yards in one game
6. Most comeback wins in first 5 seasons than any QB in NFL history
7. Undefeated in his rookie season(not counting playoffs)
8. 2 time Pro Bowl selection (he was offered this year, but declined due to injury)
9. First Steeler QB to pass for over 4000 yards.
So as you can see a lot of accomplishments to prove my point but no elite status yet. What more do people want out of him? He has the stats, the rings, and the intangibles to be elite but hasn't been recognized as such.
Also he plays on terrible grass, in poor weather conditions, behind a horrible offensive line, with a stupid OC, and still puts up numbers comparable to Manning and Brady.
Now to have everything mentioned above and not be elite proves that Ben Roethlisberger is the most underrated QB in the league.
Do you agree with me? Let me know in the comments.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!