Victor Moses to Arsenal or Real Madrid, Yossi Benayoun to Russia Sources Say
As Yoosof Farah has stated previously, the January transfer window is a period in which more football transfers are completed playing Football Manager on the PC than in real life.
Of course, that doesn't stop sports journalists in the "Fiction Writing" departments of the UK tabloids and very credible Web sites like the infamous Goal.com from creating a whole lot of speculation about Wayne Rooney moving to FC Barcelona for £70 million, Lionel Messi moving to Real Madrid for £200 million, etc.
While looking through various places for his daily sports-news fix, Mr. Farah came across two very laughable stories.
Apparently Real Madrid is interested in signing Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses, the current England U-19 International member.
Arsenal is also said to have an interest in Moses, along with Premier League teams Manchester City, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, and the aforementioned La Liga champions, FC Barcelona.
While Moses is a terrific young talent, his agent has a more realistic approach than Goal.com as to who would be interested in the Palace winger's services.
Talking to Sky Sports News, Moses' agent Tony Finnigan said: "A lot of scouts were at Wolves (for the FA Cup game with Crystal Palace) on Saturday and it has been widely reported that Nottingham Forest, West Bromwich Albion, and some Premier League sides had an interest, but that's not the same as making an offer."
Quite frankly, they're the only sides to really be interested in Victor Moses. It's creative-thinking imagining that Arsenal would be interested, considering all their fantastic young talent already at the club, let alone thinking Spanish giants Real Madrid and FC Barcelona would also be interested!
In any case, now for the more laughable story, this one coming from Russian club Dynamo Moscow themselves.
Dynamo claimed on Wednesday that Liverpool and Israel midfielder Yossi Benayoun had agreed to terms with the team and was poised to join the Russian outfit before the close of the January transfer window.
The suggestion came from the club's sporting director Konstantin Sarsania, who also insisted the Israel captain's move was at an advanced stage on a deal worth around £7 million.
"It is true that we have come to an agreement with the player's agent," said Sarsania, who has seen Dynamo already raid Anfield in the transfer window to bring out-of-favour striker Andriy Voronin to Russia.
"In the next two days, Liverpool will make their own decision."
Obviously, this was news to the Reds, with a club spokesman on Liverpool's official Web site saying: "The player is not for sale, it's as simple as that."
It has been well-documented that Liverpool is struggling this season, having been knocked out of the FA Cup, Carling Cup, and UEFA Champions League at an early stage, and currently languishing in a very poor position in the Premier League.
However, Benayoun is considered a vitally important player for Anfield, along with the likes of star-duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.
So, for Dynamo Moscow, a team that finished eighth in the Russian Premier League last season, to think they are able to attract a player with the prestige of Benayoun is honestly laughable.
While they, and Russian football, are on the up, Dynamo Moscow still has a way to go before they can seriously claim to be signing one of the top players in the English Premier League, arguably one of the best football leagues in the world.
Finally, Yoosof Farah can't remember the source (it would be a great help if any of you readers could), but apparently the former PSV, Ajax, and Real Madrid striker, AC Milan's flying Dutchman Klass-Jan Huntelaar, is moving to Everton or any other decent Premier League team.







.jpg)

.png)



.jpg)
.jpg)