Chicago Blackhawks News and Notes: Kesler Cries, Bolland Returns?
What a busy day for the Blackhawks! First, Ryan Kesler whines like a baby about Andrew Ladd smacking him around like Gary Coleman’s girlfriend, then Cristobal Huet gets his gig back as the Hawks No. 1 netminder. Now there’s positive news on the injury front.
Coach Joel Quenneville said Dave Bolland, who has been out since mid-November after back surgery, will join the team and begin taking part in team practices in Edmonton on Tuesday. Bolland hopes to be back by early February—in time to skate in a few games before the Olympic break.
TOP NEWS

Updated Hockey World Championship

Updated Hockey World Championship 2026 Results

Could Nemec Get an Offer Sheet? 🤔
No timetable has officially been set for Bolland’s return to game action, but Quenneville was clearly excited at the prospect of getting another center back into the lineup.
Meanwhile, after Monday’s practice, Quenneville said Huet would get the start in net for Tuesday night’s game in Edmonton against the struggling Oilers.
The move could help Huet’s confidence after Antti Niemi received consecutive starts for the first time this year. Edmonton currently ranks 21st in the NHL in goals per game (2.58) and 24th in shots on net (28.8), statistics that are clear indications as to why the Oilers are in last place in the Western Conference with only 38 points in 50 games. The next-worst team in the West is Columbus, at 49 points.
Edmonton’s defense hasn’t help their case, either. The Oilers are 29th in the NHL, allowing 3.36 goals per game on 31.7 shots per night, a number good for only 25th in the league.
After a rough stretch of games, at least on paper, the Oilers might be the perfect rebound for the Hawks before they head into San Jose for a huge game with the Sharks.
Finally, Vancouver Canucks forward Kesler had some strong words to share with a Vancouver radio station on Monday morning, sending some shots at the Blackhawks’ Ladd.
”He’s a coward, and that’s the way it is,” Kesler told TEAM 1040 radio following Saturday’s game.
”It started last year in the playoffs,” Kesler said. ”He hit me (and) cross-checked me in the face when I wasn’t looking. At least he was man enough to hit me when I was looking this time.”
Man enough? Looks a lot like someone was on the dance floor and just forgot the steps to me… click here for video of the fight .
.jpg)






.jpg)
.png)


