In 2010 I pick the Braves to win 95 games and win the NL East. Of course this is made based on the following list presumptions.
- Troy Glaus plays at least 125 games.
- Brian McCann is fully acclimated to his glasses.
- Chipper Jones's will bounce back after an off year.
- Melky Cabrera's offensive capabilities will improve under Chipper's guidance.
- Melky's light hitting style will fair better in Turner Field's large outfield.
- Everyone will see better pitches due to Chipper, Glaus, and McCann.
- Matt Diaz will start till June. Afterwards Jason Heyward will be called up to start.
- Jordan Schafer will take a bench spot for the 25 man roster by September
- Derrick Lowe will be determined to prove himself
- Takashi Saito's presence will help Kenshin Kawakami over the season.
- Eric O'Flaherty and Mike Dunn will improve a great deal using Billy Wagner's knowledge.
- Billy Wagner will have a career year with the support of the Braves organization
Here are my predictions end of the season 25 man roster
- (CF) N. Mclouth .265(BA) 22(HR) 50(RBI)
- (2B) M. Prado .310(BA) 10(HR) 55(RBI)
- (3B) C. Jones .302(BA) 28(HR) 102(RBI)
- (1B) T. Glaus .267(BA) 33(HR) 114(RBI)
- (C) B. McCann .298(BA) 26(HR) 105(RBI)
- (SS) Y. Escobar .306(BA) 20(HR) 84(RBI)
- (LF) M. Cabrera .285(BA) 8(HR) 79(RBI)
- (RF) Diaz/Heyward
- (1B/3B) E. Hinske .238(BA) 7(HR) 23(RBI)
- (OF) M. Diaz .302(BA) 8(HR) 34(RBI)
- (C) D. Ross .250(BA) 8(HR) 25(RBI)
- (OF) J. Heyward .270(BA) 18(HR) 62(RBI)
- (IF) O. Infante .289(BA) 1(HR) 22(RBI)
- (OF) J. Shcafer .260(BA) 5(HR) 14(RBI)
- T. Hudson 3.32(ERA) 15(W) 190(IP)
- D. Lowe 3.53(ERA) 13(W) 205(IP)
- J. Jurrjens 2.74(ERA) 18(W) 219(IP)
- T. Hanson 3.14(ERA) 16(W) 180(IP)
- K. Kawakami 3.46(ERA) 14(W) 178(IP)
*The remaining 19 Wins will be spread among the bullpen pitchers
- B. Wagner 1.64(ERA) 42(Svs) 75(IP)
- T. Saito 2.30(ERA) 2(Svs) 64(IP)
- P. Moylan 2.43(ERA) 25(Hlds) 62(IP)
- K. Medlen 3.45(ERA) 3(W) 70(IP)
- E. O'Flaherty 3.27(ERA) 22(Hlds) 53(IP)
- J. Chavez 4.21(ERA) 18(Hlds) 76(IP)
- M. Dunn 5.27(ERA) 10(Hlds) 32(IP)
*the remaining 54 IP of the expected 1458 IP (9IP * 162 games) will be pitched by the 40 man roster.