Give a point to Barry Petchesky. The Deadspin blogger wrote the following the day after Manny Pacquiao mangled Miguel Cotto's face:
"Cue Pretty Boy Floyd dodging a fight in 3, 2, 1..."
Now, it appears that a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao—which had been scheduled for March 13 in Las Vegas—will not happen. Promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com that a quarrel over drug testing led to the match's demise.
"Manny accepted what was on the table and Mayweather rejected it," Arum said. "Haymon and Schaefer tried to convince Floyd all [Tuesday night] and [Wednesday] and he wouldn't agree to it. He didn't want the fight. He never wanted the fight. I always knew the fight wouldn't happen."
The drug testing became a major issue when Floyd Mayweather Sr., the father of the fighter, made several public remarks accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs without a shred of proof. Mayweather Jr. later made similar remarks about him using PEDs, even though Pacquiao denies it and has never failed a drug test.
The accusations led Pacquiao to file a defamation lawsuit last week in Nevada U.S. District Court against Mayweather Jr., Schaefer, Golden Boy president De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Roger Mayweather, and Mayweather Promotions.
Somewhere, Dana White is smiling .