Brock Lesnar Would Beat Shannon Briggs On His Deathbed
Former heavyweight titleholder Shannon āThe Cannonā Briggs was suspended for 90 days by the New York State Athletic Commission last week once it was revealed that he tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, after he knocked out Marcus McGee in the first round of his comeback fight Dec. 3.
Briggs (48-5-1, 42 KOs), who had previously been retired from the sport of boxing for nearly three years, was considered one of the heavyweight division's rising stars before his career fizzled in the late-1990s.
Briggsā manager, Ivaylo Gotzev, claimed in an interview with ESPN.com that the product of Brownsville, Brooklyn likely tested positive for an unrevealed banned substance because of medication he takes to alleviate his asthma.
TOP NEWS

Usyk-Verhoeven Winners & Losers š„

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Knicks Watch Party Shut Down
āShannon is on enough medication to kill a horse because of his asthma,ā Gotzev said of the past New York City Golden Gloves champion.
āAll the medications he takes, other people couldnāt even get out of bed. But heās out there running and training and fighting. Heās not a steroid user or a drug user. Heās using medication. Weāre consulting with his physicians and seeing how we can make the proper adjustments so this doesnāt happen again.ā
Briggs, who was homeless for a period in his childhood, has earned a solid reputation as being a genuinely nice individual outside of the ring.
Briggs is tentatively planning his return as a prizefighter in the spring once his ban is lifted.
However, Gotzev said that Briggs will also contemplate making another foray into the world of mixed martial arts.
āShannon is a fighter, so whatever comes our way weāll be ready, be it MMA or boxing,ā Gotzev said of Briggs, who defeated MMA combatant Tom Erickson via knockout in a kickboxing match that occurred in March 2004.
āIf it makes sense, why not give MMA a try? I donāt think (UFC heavyweight champion) Brock Lesnar gets past Shannonās jab.ā
Lesnar (4-1) is currently taking an indefinite leave of absence from fighting while he recovers from serious intestinal surgery he was forced to undergo in November.
Briggs is a physically powerful specimen and he has obviously overcome many hardships in his life that have toughened him.
However, he is now way too advanced in age to attempt a new endeavor such as mixed martial arts.
Briggs himself acknowledged as much during an interview he had with HACNews.com in the middle of 2008.
āIt would take 20 years for me to become a good MMA fighter,ā said Briggs, 38, who controversially defeated the legendary George Foreman by majority decision in November 1997.
āI donāt have that kind of time on my side. Iām sticking with what I know. I have all the respect for it, but itās like me trying to become a surfer right now, it just wonāt happen.ā
Brock Lesnar could be sprawled on his deathbed and he would still utterly pulverize Briggs in the octagon.
The heavyweight division is now mainly littered with subpar pugilists that donāt deserve to be labeled professionals.
Briggs could not beat either Klitschko brother and he would never be considered a serious contender for a crown.
Nevertheless, because of the dearth of talent competing today, Briggs could regain his place as a top-ten boxer in the heavyweight division within two years.
Briggs is not a āsurferā or a skilled enough mixed martial artist to make any impact at this juncture.
But, āThe Cannonā is a boxer and he should āstick with whatā he knows.
.jpg)

.png)



.jpg)
.jpg)