Indianapolis Colts Take Part in Record-Breaking Day in the NFL
The Colts began their winning streak coincidentally against the New England Patriots, the team they surpassed in consecutive wins to hold the record. The Patriots won 21 straight games from 2006 to 2008.
The Colts also broke another long standing record today with their 114th win of the decade, breaking a tie with the 1990s San Francisco 49ers. They broke a franchise record with their 13th consecutive win at home.
Overall, it was a big day for the Colts as they clinched home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.
Another record broken...
Denver Broncos wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, broke the most receptions in a single game record with a unbelievable 21 receptions. He surpassed San Francisco's Terrell Owens record of 20 on Dec. 17, 2000.
Marshall had 21 catches for 200 yards and two touchdowns, although they still lost to the Colts, 28-16.
Marshall had a good feeling going into this game.
"I went to my receiving coach before the game and I told him, 'I think this is going to be the best game I've ever played,'" Marshall said. Just because of the environment, the situation of playing the Colts. I believe big players step up in big games, and this was a big game for us."
Other Notable NFL records:
1. Most Career Touchdowns (208) - Jerry Rice
2. Most Rushing Yards Gained In A Game (296) - Adrian Peterson
3. Highest Career Passing Rating (96.8) - Steve Young
4. Passing Yards In A Season (5,084) - Dan Marino
5. Most Career Fumbles (161) - Warren Moon
6. Most Sacks In A Season (22.5) - Michael Strahan
7. Most Career Passing Touchdowns (442) - Brett Favre
8. Most Career Field Goals (565) - Morten Anderson
9. Most Receiving Touchdowns In A Season (23) - Randy Moss
10. Most Yards From Scrimmage In A Season (2,429) - Marshall Faulk
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?