Picking Spreads: 2-3
Season Spreads: 52-40
Picking Winners: 4-1
Season Winners: 68-24
What I Learned This Week
- It’s about all over for Atlanta. It’s hard to win with both your starting quarterback and running back injured. I bet they wish Vick was back on the team as their back up quarterback in that Eagles game.
- The Steelers are in the Pitts. Their Steel Curtain defense looks to be more of a silk or satin curtain. They’re playing soft! No defense in the fourth quarter equals late game losses and looking from the outside in come play off time.
- Denver’s dominating and playing back at the style they were to start the season. Consistent turnover free offense and ferocious defense. The Steelers need to study how Denver turned their season around after a tough losing streak.
- Miami’s tough mentality along with a few other teams struggling and losing their confidence has the Dolphins right back in the play off hunt. This weekend’s game against Jacksonville will tell a lot about whom that sixth seed will be in the AFC.
- This is new for New England. Brady isn’t dominating defenses and the Pats’ defense can’t hold their opponents enough to pull out a victory. Who thought the Patriots would have been better last year with Matt Cassel than this year with Tom Brady?
- If it isn’t the players making mistakes late in the game to lose it’s the coaches for Houston. Who runs a play inside the red zone in the fourth quarter on what could have been a game winning drive and hands the ball to the running back for him to throw?! The no play off curse continues for the Texans.
- It must be December… the Cowboys lost.
- Arizona has turned it on and turned Favre and the Vikings hot streak off.
- The Packers are poised for this playoff run and just made that Ravens win against the Steelers last weekend meaningless.