With the confirmation of Robin Van Persie's long term injury Arsene Wenger has openly stated that he would be looking for Van Persie's replacement in the next month's January transfer market to keep alive his title hopes. Without Van Persie Arsenal is just left with out of form Eduardo and immature Vela. Walcott is also not delivering as expected.Arsenal had scored 36 goals in 12 matches and after that no goals in the next two. Arsenal were very likely to sign Bordeaux striker Maroune Chamakh but the deal failed and Arsenal do not want to sign him anymore.
Not only a forward but any other player may also be welcomed at Arsenal.Below are some players who play in different parts of the field and can be useful for Arsenal's title hopes.
1. Recently David Villa stated that he could look forward to play in the Premier League. With some Spanish internationals like Torres, Fabregas, Riera and more already playing in England, Villa could possibly come to Arsenal.
2. Ruud Van Nistelrooy is also tapped with Arsenal. The out of favour Real Madrid forward may return to the Premier League.
3. The unsettled Klaas Jan Huntelaar may also be an option. He is not getting a starting spot at Milan and may look to depart.
1. Miguel Veloso can play when Song departs for the African Cup of Nations. Veloso is also young and highly talented and quite strong too.
2. Blaise Matuidi also linked to Arsenal. Arsenal could sign him as he is a French too.
3. Jérémy Toulalan another French international could play as The Emirates.
4. Rafael Van Der Vaart, the dutch is still looking for a starting place in Real Madrid and may cover for the injury prone midfield.
1. Per Mertesacker is tall and strong and can very well replace William Gallas. The partnership of someone so strong like him and so quick like Vemaelen can be unbeatable.
1. He is young, he is quick and he is even tall. He is none another than Diego Lopez. After Jens Lehmann Arsenal really need a world class goalkeeper.
That's all folks, feel free to comment and hope Arsenal sign a great player.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!