NCAA Top 25 Week 13: Rivalry Week Lurks Ahead of Conference Championships
By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
Rivalry week is here! This is the week where records can be thrown out, because, if you can beat your rival, it can be considered a winning season. Will this week's top 25 have some upsets ahead of them?
1. Texas (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 11/26 at Texas A&M
A prime-time Thanksgiving game, where the Longhorns are going to be thankful Florida and Alabama have to play each other, giving Texas a boost in the BCS.
2. TCU (Last Week: 1) Next Game: 11/28 vs. New Mexico
TCU drops to number two, not because of their win over Wyoming, but because I rank Texas’s beating Kansas higher than TCU over Wyoming.
3. Florida (Last Week: 3) Next Game: 11/28 vs. Florida State
Another year of a “warm-up” before Florida State comes to town, and QB Tim Tebow should feast in his last home game against FSU’s shoddy defense.
4. Alabama (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 11/27 at Auburn
Auburn is an up-and-down team, and if Alabama is looking ahead, Gene Chizik’s staff could pull the rug right out from underneath the Tide.
5. Boise State (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 11/27 vs. Nevada
Boise State can’t sleep on the Wolfpack, who have won eight in a row since starting off 0-3.
6. Cincinnati (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 11/27 vs. Illinois
A non-conference matchup still holds some weight for the Bearcats, who look to remain undefeated, with an outside shot at the BCS title game.
7. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 11/28 vs. Georgia
The Yellow Jackets have had the Bulldogs number in the past few seasons, and should continue that, leading up to their clash against Clemson next week.
8. Ohio State (Last Week: 9) Next Game: Rose Bowl vs. TBD
As per the Big 10, Ohio State ended their season, and now will sit and wait for their Rose Bowl opponent.
9. Pittsburgh (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 11/27 at West Virginia
The Panthers cannot afford to look ahead to Cincinnati next week, and have to focus on Noel Devine and his blazing speed.
10. Penn State (Last Week: 11) Next Game: Bowl Game
Penn State jumps back into the top ten, and waits for word on their bowl game.
11. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 11/28 at Oklahoma
A year ago, this would have been a bigger game, but for Coach Mike Gundy, he is still looking for his first victory against the Sooners.
12. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 11/28 at Virginia
Is this really a rivalry game? VT should run all over Al Groh’s hapless squad.
13. Oregon (Last Week: 14) Next Game: Idle
Oregon waits for the Civil War against Oregon State in two weeks, with the Pac-10 on the line.
14. Iowa (Last Week: 16) Next Game: Bowl Game
Iowa will look back on this season as the one that could have been, and hope to start next season off right with a bowl win.
15. Clemson (Last Week: 19) Next Game: 11/28 at South Carolina
An ACC Title Bid and a win against South Carolina could make a lot of Tiger fans very thankful this holiday season.
16. LSU (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 11/28 vs. Arkansas
Only in the SEC could a top 25 coach be out on the streets after the season, but that’s how it’s looking for Les Miles.
17. Oregon State (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Idle
Both Oregon and Oregon State get the extra week to prepare for a huge Pac-10 showdown next week.
18. USC (Last Week: 18) Next Game: 11/28 vs. UCLA
Can USC salvage this “rebuilding season” with a win against their rivals?
19. Utah (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 11/28 at No. 20 Brigham Young
Neither team can win the MWC, but both are fighting for a 10-win season, which is still respectable.
20. Brigham Young (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 11/21 vs. No. 19 Utah
BYU is 3-2 at home, while opponent Utah is 3-2 on the road.
21. Navy (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 11/28 vs. Hawaii
The Midshipmen take a week off, and still move up in the polls.
22. Miami (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 11/28 at South Florida
It’s not a rivalry game per se, but South Florida already took down one of the Florida Big Three, can a second win be far behind?
23. Houston (Last Week: 24) Next Game: 11/28 vs. Rice
Houston bounced back with a trouncing of Memphis in week 12.
24. Mississippi (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 11/28 at Mississippi State
An upset win brings the Rebels into the top 25.
25. North Carolina (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 11/28 at NC State
The Tar Heels move into the top 25, on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?