Here are the last 10 teams as a sequel to the first 20.
21. Edmonton Oilers. This is a team that even with the acquisition of Sheldon Souray, didn't move up much in the win column. Dwayne Roloson's injury was bad news for the Oilers. Dustin Penner didn't meet the expectations either. This is a team that should be playing better.
22. Phoenix Coyotes. They played very well after the All-Star break. With the acquisition of Ilya Bryzgalov, they are a much more solid team. Shane Doan continues to lead this team. I think this team will be better next season. They have a shot at the playoffs.
23. Florida Panthers. This is a desperate team. If they are listening to trade offers for Jokinen (listening, just listening) then they are desperate. Even with great goaltending from Vokoun, and good young talent from Stephen Weiss, David Booth and Nathan Horton this is team in need of......something. They just have not been able to put together a good team.
24. Toronto Maple Leafs. Disaster. A team that was one point off the playoffs the year before and now.... Disaster. Bryan Mcabe and Tomas Kaberle are great defense-men. Jason Blake and Nik Antropov are solid forwards. Mats Sundin was a force. I don't know what went wrong.
25. Colombus Blue Jackets. This team is improving. They have improved seven points from last season to this season. Rick Nash had another awesome season, topped with probably the goal of the year. This team is getting better, but slowly.
26. St. Louis Blues. Brad Boyes had an outstanding season. Andy McDonald played a good half-season for them. Manny Legace played good. But they still didn't make the playoffs. Not even close. This team has a lot of young talent, but I don't see them in the playoffs next season.
27. New York Islanders. They didn't come close to repeating another miracle playoff appearance. Without Ryan Smyth, this team....died. This team, even with DiPietro, wasn't able do make an impact on the extremely tight Eastern Conference standings.
28. Atlanta Thrashers. This team went southward after last year's playoff appearence. Even with Kolvalchuk. Even with Keri Lehtonen. Even with Bobby Holik. Even trading Marion Hossa. This team can be good, they showed that last year. They just did not perform this year.
29. Tamba Bay Lightning. This was a hard choice. I didn't know whether to put them here, or in the 30th spot. Even with St. Louis, and Lecavalier's over 50 goal performance this season, the Lightning were a major, major disappointment. They got a good deal for Brad Richards. This team should have a bounce back season.
30. Los Angelos Kings. They fired Crawford after 2 years of suffering. They need some kind of help. They have young talent like Dustin Brown and Anze Kopitar, but nothing else. The only positive thing I can safely say about this team is, there is only room for improvement.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!