Minnesota Twins News Links
• Here's a great article about Brendan Harris visiting a middle school. It's hard not to respect a guy like Harris after reading that. He definitely went up a few notches in my book.
• Mark DeRosa and Jarrod Washburn are reportedly being linked to the Twins.
• The Twins unveiled new uniforms, patches, hats, and logos on Monday. I personally like the changes and can't wait to buy a new away jersey. Here are some more thoughts:
- A Voice from Twins Territory
- Twins MVB
- Fanatic Jack Talks Twins
- BP's Baseball Blog
- Alright Hamilton!
• Ron Gardenhire came in second to Angels manager Mike Scocia in voting for A.L. Manager of the Year . Brian Pietrzak believes Gardenhirew was snubbed . I personally thought Rangers manager Ron Washington was snubbed or at the very least deserved more votes than he got. But I'm not surprised, being that the Rangers failed to make the playoffs.
• For some great pictures of Target Field, check out both the walking tour from NPR and Phil Mackey's pictures.
• The Twins have until Friday to put players on their 40-man rosters which would protect them from potentially being taken in next month's Rule V Draft. The Twins have eight minor league free agents. Here's a look at who the Twins may or may not protect. Also, here's Seth Stohs ' thoughts on the manner.
• On Stohs' latest podcast , Danny Valencia and Steve Singleton were guests and it was a great listen. Both are intelligent players with plenty of potential. It's definitely worth a listen if you're interested in Twins prospects.
• Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times and author of Evaulation Baseball's Managers: A History and Analysis of Performance in the Major Leagues, 1876-2008 posted an excerpt of his book regarding former Twins manager Billy Martin. It's a great read and a book that every Twins fan should check out.
• As mentioned this past weekend , Justin Huber has indeed signed a contract to play in Japan next season. But Twins fans found out later that he won't be the only Rochester Red Wing heading across the Pacific. Juan Morillo has also signed a contract with a Japanese team and will be pitching overseas next season. Tough break for the Twins and Rochester Red Wings.
And finally, here's what's going on around the Twins Blogosphere...
- Aaron Gleeman answers some questions from his Twitter Mailbag .
- John Bonnes writes about how finding pitching is a crapshoot .
- Nick Nelson offers his views on Joe Crede.
- Parker Hageman writes about why we should care about pitching, independent of fielding .
- Andrew Kneeland writes about future Twins outfielder Rene Tosoni.
- Josh Taylor writes about some of the recent transactions .
- Neckrolls is currently writing his offseason blueprint. Here's part 1 and part 2 .
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?