10) Robin van Persie (The Netherlands):- The Dutch winger turned striker has matured and developed into a fantastic 'Mr Reliable' for both Arsenal and Holland, if the Dutch are to grab glory you can be sure that they will need RVP at his very best!
9) Carles Puyol (Spain) :- Inspirational leader who has the respect of all around him at both club and country, bravery is his middle name, it will take some really world class attackers to get the better of this Rock.
8) Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal):- Would be higher up the list if Portugal had a guaranteed place, however should they make it, the Portuguese simply cannot win the cup without the skill and pace of Ronaldo, his contribution will be key.
7) Wayne Rooney (England):- Explosive powerhouse of a forward who never seems to run out of energy, if their was a prize for chasing 'lost causes', Wayne would win it every time. Wayne has a wonderful football brain and maybe he could be the one to put 44 years of misery to bed.
6) Ronaldinho (Brazil):- What can be written that hasn't already about Ronaldinho? The most important thing is that even when his club form dips, he always plays a vital role for country when he is called upon.
5) Lionel Messi (Argentina):- This little magician has proved that he has what it takes to beat and almost embarass the best defenders in the world, For Argentina to do well they will rely on a flawless Messi.
4) Andreas Iniesta (Spain):- Some peoples vote for World player of the year this time around, this guy has it all, skill, vision and a little bit of flair when it's needed, Spain must surely be the favourites.
3) David Beckham (England):- No longer in his hey day, however, Davids mere presence will be a massive boost to everybody concerned with England, Still the best dead ball player in the world and the only England player ever to score in 3 consecutive World Cups, I wouldn't bet against 4.....His experience will be of huge benefit To England.
2) Kaka (Brazil) :- Move to Madrid has not fazed him at all, Instrumental for both club and country and will be sure to give the opposition the run around, always plays football with a smile on his face, could be a good pick for player of the tournament.
1) Fernando Torres (Spain):- If he wasn't wasting his talent at Liverpool, He could easily be up for World player of the year, there is no other Striker like him in world football, Fernando has a good old fashioned predatory instinct, always seem to know where the goal is and that could prove to be a World Cup winning Attribute.