Falling just short in his quest to set the Kansas City Royal's team record for strikeouts in a season, 26 year old Zack Greinke became the third pitcher in team history to win the Cy Young, following Bret Saberhagen who won in 1985 and 1989, and David Cone who won in 1994.
Greinke, who is just 26 years old, proved to be the most dominating pitcher in all of major League Baseball. Despite playing on a team that struggled to score runs for much of the season, could not play a lick of defense, and had a horrible bullpen, Greinke had an ERA of only 2.16 on his way to a 16-8 record. Had Greinke been on a team such as the New York Yankees he would have won 26 games, as I puke at the thought of Zack in pinstripes...
Now that I have composed myself I move on the this weeks NFL action. Congradulations to the Colts and Saints who remain unbeaten, huge wins for the Chargers and Bengals, and my top performer of this week is Charles Woodson of the Green Bay Packers, who had a monster day at home in a 17-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
The one moment that will stick to me this week is the decision by the Patriots to go for it on fourth-and-two inside your own thirty, on the road, and playing against a team led by Peyton Manning. I know the reasoning...get two yards and it is game over, Patriots win. But you would have to expect that if you failed to get the two yards the Colts would move the ball into position for a game winning TD...Lack of faith in the defense or overconfidence and Brady and the offense, I am not sure...just not a sound football decision.
Random thoughts include
1) If there is a Heisman candidate on the Texas Longhorns it is Jordan Shipley, not Colt McCoy
2) Mark Ingram will probably win said Heisman trophy
3) The Broncos cannot win anymore
4) A-Rod took steroids, Pettite took steroids, and now they have a world championship...I hate the Yankees...
5) Miles Austin looks like A-Rod in the face when wearing a helmet, according to Alex Black, and he really does.
6) William Shatner is Priceline Negotiator.
7) KU football sucks
8) In fact, the whole Big 12 North sucks