By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
After TCU's demolishing of Utah, it felt right to make them number one. But where does everyone else fall as the season winds down?
1. TCU (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 11/21 at Wyoming
Their 55-point outburst was their fourth win over a top-25 ranked team, and they boast a top-50 strength of schedule. Non-AQ or not, TCU deserves the top spot right now.
2. Texas (Last Week: 1) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Kansas
The Longhorns are hitting their stride at the right time, sitting in prime position for the stretch run.
3. Florida (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Florida International
A closer than expected victory against South Carolina, but now a gimme against FIU is on the schedule.
4. Alabama (Last Week: 3) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Chattanoga
Alabama sits at fourth, but any of the teams above them could be in this same spot. It’s all relative until someone decides to lose.
5. Boise State (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 11/20 at Utah State
They took care of Idaho, but were once again overshadowed by TCU. They should still be able to grab a BCS bid, though.
6. Cincinnati (Last Week: 6) Next Game: Idle
A huge win, coupled with the return of QB Tony Pike, and the Bearcats sit atop the Big East, with an undefeated season in mind.
7. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 7) Next Game: Idle
The Yellow Jackets clinch the ACC Coastal, and look to make the trip to the Orange Bowl this year.
8. Ohio State (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 11/21 at Michigan
This is always the big game, but Michigan’s recent slides have just helped Ohio State springboard to bigger and better things.
9. Pittsburgh (Last Week: 10) Next Game: Idle
The Panthers have two tough Big East matchups left, and need to win both to smell a BCS bowl.
10. LSU (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 11/21 at Mississippi
Three SEC teams in the top 10, and LSU has lost to both of them.
11. Penn State (Last Week: 16) Next Game: 11/21 at Michigan State
Penn State jumps four spots thanks to their competition all losing last week.
12. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 17) Next Game: 11/19 vs. Colorado
Texas Tech made it interesting for a while, and now a short week awaits the Cowboys.
13. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 18) Next Game: 11/21 vs. North Carolina State
The ACC Title is out of the picture, but a 10-win season could still be a reality.
14. Oregon (Last Week: 20) Next Game: 11/21 at Arizona
Oregon jumps back up big, thanks to some competition losing.
15. Wisconsin (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 11/21 at Northwestern
The Badgers benefit from losers above, moving up in the polls once again.
16. Iowa (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Minnesota
In two short weeks, Iowa went from national title contender to just another Big Ten team.
17. Stanford (Last Week: 24) Next Game: 11/21 vs. California
Two straight upsets of two ranked teams moves Stanford up big in the polls, and gives them a shot at the Pac-10 title.
18. USC (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: Idle
Two losses in three weeks knocks the Trojans back down, and out of the Pac-10 title picture.
19. Clemson (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Virginia
If Clemson wins, they’re in the ACC Championship in coach Dabo Swinney’s first full season.
20. Utah (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 11/21 vs. San Diego State
Utah failed to show up last week, and suffer dearly in the polls for it.
21. Brigham Young (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Air Force
A close game, but BYU keeps the goal of a 10-win season alive.
22. Navy (Last Week: 25) Next Game: Idle
The Midshipmen move up, and already clinched a bowl game this season.
23. Miami (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Duke
A week after a dominant victory, Miami’s ACC Title hopes vanish in a loss to UNC.
24. Houston (Last Week: 15) Next Game: 11/21 vs. Memphis
Houston’s dream season, and QB Case Keenum’s Heisman shot, just went right out the window against UCF.
25. Rutgers (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 11/21 at Syracuse
After an embarrassing opening week loss, Rutgers has bounced back, and jump into the Top 25.