Carter's NCAA Football Power Rankings: Week 11
I guess you could also say that these are my top 25 teams that most deserve a National Championship shot. Hands down, numbers one should be the Texas Longhorns. they are 9-0 and have beaten opponents by a combined 257 points (best in the FBS.) But anyways, here's how I see the top 25 teams that most deserve a National Championship Game appearance.
1. Texas Longhorns (9-0, next game: at Baylor)
Texas is number one mainly because they are hands down the most solid team in the FBS right now. They have certainly played like it. They've beaten opponents by a combined 257 points (most in the FBS.)
2. TCU Horned Frogs (9-0, next game: vs. #10 Utah)
The Frogs haven't given up more than 21 points in a game this season. They've beaten opponents by a combined 236 points. So, not only do the Frogs have a great defense, but their Andy Dalton-led offense is pretty good too. In a nut shell: don't count out TCU. How cool would it be to have an all-Texas BCS Championship game?
3. Boise State Broncos (9-0, next game: vs. Idaho)
Not the most convincing win over Louisiana Tech, but the Broncos got the job done yet again. Boise State, just like TCU, shouldn't be a team to sleep on, despite them both being in weaker conferences.
4. Florida Gators (9-0, next game: at. South Carolina)
Ever since their scares against Arkansas and Mississippi State, the Gatorshave been on a roll. South Carolina looks to be their toughest remaining regular-season opponent, but the Gators are still considered a huge favorite.
5. Cincinnati Bearcats (9-0, next game: vs. #21 West Virginia)
The remaining Cincy schedule is no doubt a tough one. If the Bearcats come out 12-0, they should definitely be highly considered for the National Championship Game.
6. Alabama Crimson Tide (9-0, next game: at. Mississippi State)
It's clearly simple: Avoid the upsets over the final three games, beat Florida, and the Tide are in The National Championship Game. However, if there are still three or more undefeated teams by mid-December, many could question whether Alabama deserves a Championship opportunity...just saying...
7. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-1, next game: at Duke)
Ever since their win over Virginia Tech, the Yellow Jackets have been getting stronger and stronger. Even if they finish at 12-1 and win the ACC Championship, the Jackets are still going to need a lot of help if they want to play their last game in Pasadena and not Miami.
8. Iowa Hawkeyes (9-1, next game: at #12 Ohio State)
I wonder what would've happened in the Northwestern/Iowa game if Rickey Stanzi never would've goten hurt? Regardless, Iowa's National Championship hopes are pretty much over.
9. Pittsburgh Panthers (8-1, next game: vs. Notre Dame)
It's kind of disappointing that the Panthers aren't getting any love from the BCS computers. They're 8-1, and they've beaten opponents by a combined 157 points (a very nice number!), so in my opinion, they very much deserve to be at least considered for a January bowl game.
10. Utah Utes (8-1, next game: at #2 TCU)
Just like last season's Utes team, this season's team is filled with highly underrated talent. If they knock off TCU this weekend (a very tough task) that word "underrated" should be taken off people's minds and be replaced with "underdogs" or maybe "BCS Bowl contenders."
So there's my top ten teams. Now I give you my version of the top 25 teams 11 through 25:
11. Houston Cougars (8-1, next game: at Central Florida)
12. Ohio State Buckeyes (8-2, next game: vs. #8 Iowa)
13. Penn State Nittany Lions (8-2, next game: vs. Indiana)
14. Oregon Ducks (7-2, next game: vs. Arizona State)
15. Central Michigan Chippewas (7-2, next game: vs. Toledo)
16. Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-2, next game: vs. Texas Tech)
17. BYU Cougars (7-2, next game: at New Mexico)
18. LSU Tigers (7-2, next game: vs. Lousiana Tech)
19. USC Trojans (7-2, next game: vs. Stanford)
20. Miami (FL) Hurricanes (7-2, next game: at North Carolina)
21. Wext Virginia Mountaineers (7-2, next game: at Cincinnati)
22. Wisconsin Badgers (7-2, next game: vs. Michigan)
23. Temple Owls (7-2, next game: at Akron)
24. Troy Trojans (7-2, next game: at Arkansas)
25. South Florida Bulls (6-2, next game: at Rutgers)
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?