Cal vs. Oregon State: Presenting a Drinking Game For Bears Fans
On Saturday at 4pm, I will be standing in the student section of Memorial Stadium to watch the California Golden Bears try and beat the Oregon State Beavers for the first time at home in four years—and seek revenge for 2007's heartbreaking loss.
For those fans unable to attend the game, I have created two games to increase your game-watching experience. Seeing as this game can either be a joyous triumph or another agonzing loss (no middle ground, really), there are two options to choose from—one for the optimistic Cal fans, and the other for the pessimists.
So pack some brews, gather some friends, pick out one game (or combine the two), and enjoy.
“Thrill of Victory” Version
Take a Sip Of Beer:
- For every Cal pass or run between 10 and 15 yards
- For every Oregon State kick-off return under 20 yards
- For a Bryan Anger punt of over 50 yards
- If Cal manages to land a kickoff inside the 10
Chug Your Beer:
- For every Cal kick-off that lands inside the five
- For every Oregon State run for a loss
- For every close-up of Riley's beastly beard
- If a Cal kick-off ends in a touchback
- If a Cal kicker makes a field goal
- For a Riley touchdown pass of 30 yards or more
- For every sack or interception of Sean Canfield
- If Cal returns a punt for a touchdown
- Jahvid Best reaches 100 yards rushing
Perform Keg Stand:
- In the event of Cal's first home win against Oregon State in four tries
- For a touchdown run by Jahvid Best of 50 yards or more
- Kevin Riley leads a fourth quarter comeback
- Hold keg stand extra long if Giorgio Tavecchio makes a game-winning field goal
- Cal scores a touchdown off of a Wildcat pass
“Agony of Defeat” Version
Take a Sip of Beer:
- For a Jacquizz Rodgers run between 10 and 15 yards
- Every pass by Canfield between 10-15 yards
- Every Cal kick-off return that lands outside the 15 yard line
- For every Cal attempt using the Wildcat that gets stuffed for no gain
- For any special teams return by the Beavers between 20-30 yards (afterwards, yell Pete Alamar's name in disgust)
- Every time Best gets stuffed trying to go up the middle
- For every Cal three-and-out
Chug your beer:
- Every time the commentator refers to Jacquizz as “Quizz”
- Everytime James Rodgers gains 10-15 yards on a fly sweep
- Every Canfield pass between 15-30 yards
- Everytime the commentators mention or the TV shows a clip of Kevin Riley's play against Oregon State in 2007
- For every Riley overthrow, sack, or fumble
- Every time drop by Jeremy Ross or Verran Tucker
Finish Your Beer:
- For every Kevin Riley interception
- For every Cal missed field goal
- If Cal goes a quarter scoreless
- If Cal allows a pass play of 50 yards or more
- For a Oregon State punt or kick return touchdown (once again yelling Pete Alamar's name in disgust)
Perform Keg Stand:
- If Kevin Riley pulls a Kevin Riley from 2007
- If Cal suffers an interception out of a Wildcat pass
- If Jeff Tedford throws his play card and/or headset
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?