By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
For the first time in a few weeks, we have a repeat No. 1! But where does everyone else fall?
1. Texas (Last Week: 1) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. UCF
The Longhorns meant business in their dismantling of Oklahoma State, and that keeps them at No. 1 this week.
2. Florida (Last Week: 2) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Vanderbilt
The Gators finally looked like the dominant team that was lacking confidence the last few weeks. The road to the championship still goes through them.
3. Alabama (Last Week: 3) Next Game: Nov. 7 at No. 8 LSU
The annual “Saban” bowl is in Baton Rouge this year, but Alabama had an extra week to get prepared for the onslaught of booing.
4. TCU (Last Week: 5) Next Game: Nov. 7 at San Diego State
Thanks to USC’s loss, TCU moves up, but a weak schedule could still hold them back.
5. Boise State (Last Week: 6) Next Game: Nov. 6 at Louisiana Tech
Boise State sits in the same position as TCU, a weak schedule overshadowing an otherwise dominant performance this season.
6. Iowa (Last Week: 7) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Northwestern
If Iowa could come out with a solid performance in a whole game, that might warrant jumping them in the polls. Until then, they sit where they are.
7. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 8) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Wake Forest
The ACC breeds a parity-filled conference, so upsets are possible at any time. Georgia Tech needs to watch out.
8. LSU (Last Week: 9) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. No. 3 Alabama
LSU lost their first shot at taking out a top-ranked team, and they have even more motivation against their old coach.
9. Cincinnati (Last Week: 10) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Connecticut
Keep moving the Bearcats up, as they still have a lot to play for this season.
10. Penn State (Last Week: 12) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. No. 13 Ohio State
For Penn State, this game could decide their entire season. A win is a must!
11. Oregon (Last Week: 14) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Stanford
Oregon played superbly in their takedown of USC and jump up three spots for it. They are now in complete control of the Pac-10.
12. USC (Last Week: 4) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Arizona State
USC can still make a BCS bowl as an at-large but will need to start winning and getting their defense on track.
13. Ohio State (Last Week: 15) Next Game: Nov. 7 at No. 10 Penn State
The Big Ten Championship goes through Iowa right now, but Ohio State can take one step closer with a win on Saturday.
14. Pittsburgh (Last Week: 16) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Syracuse
This is a warm-up game for Pittsburgh’s stretch run, and the classic trap game is in effect here.
15. Utah (Last Week: 18) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. New Mexico
A few losses help Utah jump higher in the rankings.
16. Houston (Last Week: 19) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Tulsa
Despite giving up their most points since their loss to UTEP, the Cougars are in a good spot to earn a C-USA championship game berth.
17. Miami (Last Week: 17) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Virginia
Miami almost made it two losses in a row but came back to stop Wake Forest’s upset bid.
18. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 11) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Iowa State
Three straight years, three straight losses to the Longhorns.
19. Oklahoma (Last Week: 22) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Nebraska
This game is another tough one for the Sooners, as Nebraska can go off at any time.
20. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 13) Next Game: Nov. 5 at East Carolina
Another Thursday night game is on the schedule, and the nation saw how badly the first one went for the Hokies.
21. Notre Dame (Last Week: 23) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Navy
Last time Navy came to South Bend, they upset the Irish. Will déjà vu strike this season?
22. Arizona (Last Week: 24) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Washington State
Arizona moves up a few spots thanks to a few losses in the polls.
23. California (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Oregon State
Welcome another Pac-10 team to the top 25, as the conference has shown some strength in numbers this season.
24. Wisconsin (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Indiana
Welcome to another Big Ten team, joining the top 25.
25. Brigham Young (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Wyoming
After starting off the season hot, the Cougars cooled off but have worked their way back into the top 25.