NCAA Week 10 Top 25: Texas Remains on Top Despite Strong Showing from Gators
By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
For the first time in a few weeks, we have a repeat No. 1! But where does everyone else fall?
1. Texas (Last Week: 1) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. UCF
The Longhorns meant business in their dismantling of Oklahoma State, and that keeps them at No. 1 this week.
2. Florida (Last Week: 2) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Vanderbilt
The Gators finally looked like the dominant team that was lacking confidence the last few weeks. The road to the championship still goes through them.
3. Alabama (Last Week: 3) Next Game: Nov. 7 at No. 8 LSU
The annual “Saban” bowl is in Baton Rouge this year, but Alabama had an extra week to get prepared for the onslaught of booing.
4. TCU (Last Week: 5) Next Game: Nov. 7 at San Diego State
Thanks to USC’s loss, TCU moves up, but a weak schedule could still hold them back.
5. Boise State (Last Week: 6) Next Game: Nov. 6 at Louisiana Tech
Boise State sits in the same position as TCU, a weak schedule overshadowing an otherwise dominant performance this season.
6. Iowa (Last Week: 7) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Northwestern
If Iowa could come out with a solid performance in a whole game, that might warrant jumping them in the polls. Until then, they sit where they are.
7. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 8) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Wake Forest
The ACC breeds a parity-filled conference, so upsets are possible at any time. Georgia Tech needs to watch out.
8. LSU (Last Week: 9) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. No. 3 Alabama
LSU lost their first shot at taking out a top-ranked team, and they have even more motivation against their old coach.
9. Cincinnati (Last Week: 10) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Connecticut
Keep moving the Bearcats up, as they still have a lot to play for this season.
10. Penn State (Last Week: 12) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. No. 13 Ohio State
For Penn State, this game could decide their entire season. A win is a must!
11. Oregon (Last Week: 14) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Stanford
Oregon played superbly in their takedown of USC and jump up three spots for it. They are now in complete control of the Pac-10.
12. USC (Last Week: 4) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Arizona State
USC can still make a BCS bowl as an at-large but will need to start winning and getting their defense on track.
13. Ohio State (Last Week: 15) Next Game: Nov. 7 at No. 10 Penn State
The Big Ten Championship goes through Iowa right now, but Ohio State can take one step closer with a win on Saturday.
14. Pittsburgh (Last Week: 16) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Syracuse
This is a warm-up game for Pittsburgh’s stretch run, and the classic trap game is in effect here.
15. Utah (Last Week: 18) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. New Mexico
A few losses help Utah jump higher in the rankings.
16. Houston (Last Week: 19) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Tulsa
Despite giving up their most points since their loss to UTEP, the Cougars are in a good spot to earn a C-USA championship game berth.
17. Miami (Last Week: 17) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Virginia
Miami almost made it two losses in a row but came back to stop Wake Forest’s upset bid.
18. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 11) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Iowa State
Three straight years, three straight losses to the Longhorns.
19. Oklahoma (Last Week: 22) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Nebraska
This game is another tough one for the Sooners, as Nebraska can go off at any time.
20. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 13) Next Game: Nov. 5 at East Carolina
Another Thursday night game is on the schedule, and the nation saw how badly the first one went for the Hokies.
21. Notre Dame (Last Week: 23) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Navy
Last time Navy came to South Bend, they upset the Irish. Will déjà vu strike this season?
22. Arizona (Last Week: 24) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Washington State
Arizona moves up a few spots thanks to a few losses in the polls.
23. California (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 vs. Oregon State
Welcome another Pac-10 team to the top 25, as the conference has shown some strength in numbers this season.
24. Wisconsin (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Indiana
Welcome to another Big Ten team, joining the top 25.
25. Brigham Young (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Nov. 7 at Wyoming
After starting off the season hot, the Cougars cooled off but have worked their way back into the top 25.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?