Thoughts on the World Series So Far
While I may hate both teams involved, the World Series this year has provided some very good baseball thus far. The reality is, these teams both legitimately deserve to be there this year.
Some thoughts on the matchup so far:
- A split had to be something the Phillies were hoping for coming out of New York. Obviously, 2-0 would be better for them, but with the series tied and heading to Philly, there's a slight edge there.
- What the hell is wrong with Derek Jeter? The play where he bunted for a strikeout with two on and no outs, and the Yankees up two...why? Something is all wrong here, and depending on where the call came from, either manager Joe Girardi or Jeter need an explanation for that one.
- Despite my hatred of both teams, I've found a way to spin this optimistically. Whereas either team's success will make me sad, the failure of the other team will make me happy. If the Phillies win, it'll be hilarious that the Yankees spent all that money, finally made it to the World Series, and lost. It's not quite 18-1, but it's close. If the Yankees win...well, a team from Philly lost, and I don't usually have a problem with that.
- Ryan Howard has been pretty quiet so far. Only two singles and three strikeouts. Big guy needs to pick up his game. Though he did steal a base, which is hilarious. Yes, I know he stole eight in the regular season. All of them were hilarious.
- A-Rod's postseason success is not a recent phenomenon. Possibly more on that in a later post, but I've posted about it here ad nauseam before, so maybe not.
- Where's all the steroid talk? As Fire Jerry Manuel said on Twitter: "baseball people usually complain about how NFL steroid usage gets glossed over. well, look at pettitte/arod right now. loud silence."
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?