NCAA Football Week Nine Top 25: Who Wants To Be No. 1?
By Ryan of The Sportmeisters
Before I get into my Top 25, let me just say it was done prior to UNC-VT, but intermittent internet issues prevented me from getting this published. That said, let’s go to the rankings.
1. Texas (Last Week: 3) Next Game: 10/31 at No. 11 Oklahoma State
Texas took care of business looking like the team of 2008 and for that, jumps both SEC challengers for number one.
2. Florida (Last Week: 2) Next Game: 10/31 at Georgia
Tim Tebow has been struggling in weeks past, but usually steps up to the plate on must-win games. Georgia is a must-win game for Florida.
3. Alabama (Last Week: 1) Next Game: Idle
A well-timed field goal block by Terrence Cody keeps Alabama undefeated and fighting for a BCS Championship slot.
4. USC (Last Week: 4) Next Game: 10/31 vs. No. 14 Oregon
USC has the national title in their sights, but must take out Pac-10 upstart Oregon first.
5. TCU (Last Week: 5) Next Game: 10/31 vs. ULNV
TCU laid the smack down on BYU, putting them in full control to run the table the rest of the way.
6. Boise State (Last Week: 6) Next Game: 10/31 vs. San Jose State
How bad is Boise State rooting for Oregon, which would continue to validate the Broncos season-opening win.
7. Iowa (Last Week: 8 ) Next Game: 10/31 vs. Indiana
Iowa doesn’t win pretty, requiring another last-minute touchdown to defeat Michigan State, but they do win.
8. Georgia Tech (Last Week: 9) Next Game: 10/31 at Vanderbilt
Miami’s loss opens the door up for Georgia Tech in the ACC Coastal, who already hold the tie-breaker over Virginia Tech.
9. LSU (Last Week: 10) Next Game: 10/31 vs. Tulane
LSU’s defense really stepped up against high-powered Auburn holding the Tigers to 10 points.
10. Cincinnati (Last Week: 11) Next Game: 10/31 at Syracuse
The Bearcats jump into the top 10 thanks to a Miami loss and another convincing win.
11. Oklahoma State (Last Week: 12) Next Game: 10/31 vs. No. 1 Texas
WR Dez Bryant will not return this season (suspension), making the upset attempt that much more difficult for the Cowboys.
12. Penn State (Last Week: 13) Next Game: 10/31 at Northwestern
A classic look-ahead trap game. Ohio State is looming, as Penn State tries to stay in Big 10 title contention.
13. Virginia Tech (Last Week: 14) Next Game: 10/29 vs. North Carolina
Thursday night games are trap games, but Virginia Tech had an extra week to prepare for a lowly UNC squad.
14. Oregon (Last Week: 16) Next Game: 10/31 at No.4 USC
The Pac-10 has some competition now and Oregon’s comeback from their week one flop could come full circle against USC.
15. Ohio State (Last Week: 17) Next Game: 10/31 vs. New Mexico State
The Buckeyes bounced back and now have a non-conference game they should easily win.
16. Pittsburgh (Last Week: 17) Next Game: Idle
Pittsburgh gets to rest u, especially with three top 25 opponents on the schedule in the next four weeks.
17. Miami (Last Week: 7) Next Game: 10/31 at Wake Forest
The Hurricanes took a major step back with their overtime loss at Clemson and will need some help to get back in the ACC title hunt.
18. Utah (Last Week: 21) Next Game: 10/31 vs. Wyoming
A few losses helps Utah jump higher in the rankings.
19. Houston (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 10/31 at Southern Miss
Houston, led by QB Case Keenum, steps back into the top 25.
20. West Virginia (Last Week: 23) Next Game: 10/30 at South Florida
Don’t look too closely at West Virginia’s close victory as they played an emotional Connecticut team last weekend.
21. South Carolina (Last Week: 25) Next Game: 10/31 at Tennessee
It’s a battle of the mouths between Steve Spurrier and Lane Kiffin in this SEC matchup.
22. Oklahoma (Last Week: 22) Next Game: 10/31 vs. Kansas State
Oklahoma hangs around the top 25, but don’t expect too much noise out of them this season.
23. Notre Dame (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 10/31 vs. Washington State
Notre Dame hasn’t been amazing, but has performed well enough to merit a top 25 ranking.
24. Arizona (Last Week: NR) Next Game: Idle
The Wildcats will be watching USC-Oregon very closely to see who they have to beat as they look for the Pac-10 title.
25. Mississippi (Last Week: NR) Next Game: 10/31 at Auburn
The SEC controls a quarter of the top 25 rounded out by Mississippi joining the fray.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?