2009 NFC West Featured Columnist Competition: Week Six Picks
Time for round six of this year's NFC West featured columnist competition!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this competition, please click here for a brief outline of the rules as well as a small bio of each contestant.
In short, this is a pick 'em competition. Contestants are in teams of two, each representing the team they write for on Bleacher Report.
Each week, I will publish an article which announces the picks, such as this. Additionally, I will publish a results article once the games are completed, which will include weekly and yearly standings.
Observations from Week Six Picks
- Everybody likes the Bengals, Steelers, Packers, Jets, Patriots, and Falcons —No love for the Texans? Ouch... Other than that snub, the rest are fairly predictable. The Steelers should crush the Browns, the Pats are taking on the winless Titans, the Jets get the TO-plagued Bills, etc. We'll see if the unanimous picks go boom or bust...
- The Underdog Picks —Five picks qualify for the Underdog Bonus this week. Ron picked St. Louis. Ron and Chris both chose Baltimore to win, and Chris and Seth went with Tampa Bay to top the Panthers. Last week, several contestants covered some serious ground through the Underdog Bonus, and this week might be the same. Look for these bold men to either get rich or die trying.
- Only One Split —With only one split decision, these contestants refuse to split on nearly anything! The San Diego-Denver game, which is currently sitting at 4-4, is the only game where these teams could cover some serious ground on their opponents. Either way, this week is noticeably missing some disagreements.
- No Even Couples! —Actually, there are even couples, but there are two of them. Rob/Scotty and Andrew/Dray each agree on 12 of 14 picks. These are the teams in first and second place of the competition, so look out for how their agreements can affect the standings
- Ron and Seth: The Odd Couple —Ron and Seth are muddled in the middle of the competition, but they could be poised to make a move. Regardless of whether or not they make a move, it's clear they won't do it together. This week, they agree on a competition-low 8 of 14 picks... These two could need some relationship counseling to get things back together, but if their picks hit the right way (with some help of the Underdog Bonus) they could cover some ground on a five point deficit.
- Homer Alert —Rob and Scotty both picked Seattle over Arizona (no surprise), while Chris and Steven both picked Seattle to beat Arizona (sellouts...). The shocker of the week is Ron committing a blatant homer-crime by choosing St. Louis to upset Jacksonville. In his e-mail, he labeled this his upset pick of the week. Ron is either going to look like a genius or a fool...
Without further ado, here are the picks. Please comment below with your thoughts.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?