Top Ten Teams
1. Florida—They earned it.
2. Alabama—Looking good.
3. Texas—Will these slow first halves come back and get them?
4. Iowa—Apparently they are a force.
5. Cincinnati—A threat to run the table.
6. Boise—No longer just a novelty.
7. TCU—Just winning.
8. South Florida—Cincinnati showdown on the horizon?
9. Kansas—Still a long way to go.
10. Virginia Tech—Of all the one loss teams, they have earned this spot.
Top Ten Games From Week Six
1. Florida 13, LSU 3—Biggest game of the week.
2. Georgia Tech 49, Florida State 44—This game literally took over five hours.
3. Washington 36, Arizona 33—There is no quit in the Huskies.
4. Louisville 25, Southern Miss 23—If you can figure either of these teams out let me know.
5. Iowa 30, Michigan 28—The Big Ten is getting interesting.
6. Pitt 24, UConn 21—Pitt showed real heart.
7. Army 16, Vandy 13—Overtime
8. South Carolina 28, Kentucky 26—Another SEC thriller.
9. Houston 31, Mississippi St. 24—Could have gone either way.
10. Kansas 41, Iowa State 36—Avoiding the upset.
Top Ten Players This Week
1. Tim Tebow—The fearless leader.
2. Ndamakong Suh—WOW!
3. Jacquizz Rodgers—Four Touchdowns.
4. Freddie Barnes—22 catches, 278 yards, that's a season for some people.
5. Dion Lewis—A force down the stretch.
6. Thaddeus Lewis—Big numbers, in a big win.
7. Steven Sheffield—Seven touchdowns.
8. Mark Ingram—Under the radar Heisman candidate?
9. Brandon West—Big numbers on few attempts in the upset.
10. Sam Bradford—Was good to see him back.
Ten More Questions For This Week (Followed By Ten More Questions)
1. Who makes Penn State's schedule? Do they think they are fooling anyone?
2. How Many Texas Tech QB's have thrown for seven TDs in a game? Will there be one who doesn't, as long as Mike Leach is there?
3. Who teaches the Buckeyes how to tackle? Why can't other teams get someone to show them how as well?
4. Why are they bothering Bobby Bowden? What would the last 30 years have been like for FSU without him?
5. Is Tim Tebow human? Is he the greatest college football player ever?
6. Is there anything Ndamakong Suh can't do? Did you see him run like a gazelle?
7. Did I really pick LSU to beat Florida? Was it really as far fetched as the Gators made it look?
8. Did anyone catch that Duke-NC State score? Can Duke go bowling?
9. Will the BCS work this year? Has it ever?
10. Any chance a lesser known undefeated like a Cincinnati gets to the title game? Can it even be Boise?
Ten Teams Who Are Stinking Up The Joint
1. Western Kentucky—Maybe spending too much time figuring out what the 11 herbs and spices are?
2. Purdue—Until further notice, will be referred to only as P.U.
3. Rice—There has to be a rotting food reference for the stench this team is emitting.
5. San Jose State—They have the S and the U, all that's missing are the C and the K.
6. Illinois—That's not champagne you smell in Champaign.
7. Miami (OH)—They better check the cradle, because it smells like diapers.
8. Ball State—Not having a ball this year.
9. Washington State—Look like absolute garbage.
10. Eastern Michigan—If you are a newbie it would be hard to believe they are an FBS team.
Ten Teams Who Stink A Little Less This Year
1. Duke—They can compete.
2. Idaho—Tired of being second potato.
3. Temple—First in their division.
4. SMU—The June Jones plan is working already.
5. Ohio—A record that got Frank Solich run at Nebraska, wins him accolades here.
6. Wyoming—Two games over .500.
7. Stanford—A very good team.
8. Army—Marching forward.
9. Michigan—Last year is a distant memory.
10. Wisconsin—Much better than a year ago.
Checking In With The Coaches
1. Dan Hawkins—Dead man walking.
2. Ron Zook—Goner.
3. Randy Shannon—You're safe.
4. Bobby Bowden—It's been better.
5. Nick Saban—Walking on water.
6. Mark Richt—Could this be the year he decides it's enough at UGA?
7. Derek Dooley—Is he watching Richt's every move?
8. Steve Kragthorpe—Better have that pizza to go.
9. Brian Kelly—Wonder if his agent is busy?
10. Frank Beamer—Hall of famer
Top Ten NFL Players For Next Year's Draft
1. Ndamakong Suh—The best overall player.
2. Jahvid Best—In the right situation he's a game breaker.
3. Sam Bradford—On the right team he's a star.
4. Eric Berry—Everyone needs a dominating safety.
5. Taylor Mays—Interchageable with Berry.
6. Terrence Cody—Plugs up the middle.
7. Dez Bryant—Maybe he should have gone pro last year.
8. George Selvie—Will dominate at the next level.
9. Greg Hardy—Punishing defender.
10. Brandon Spikes—Helped his stock immensely against LSU.
Ten Snacks Mentioned During The All Day Game Chat
1. Pizza—Mostly mentioned by me.
2. Wings—A popular topic.
3. Nachos—Always a good call.
4. Barbecue—Reeks of game day.
5. Corn—On the grill.
6. Hot Dogs—I guess the guys really dig these.
7. Burgers—Not as popular as the dogs.
8. Pancakes—May have been talking about a block.
9. Chicken Parmesan—A lucky food for me.
10. Potato Chips—The old stand by.
Ten Games To Watch Next Week
1. Oklahoma vs. Texas—The Red River Shoot out.
2. Cincinnati vs. South Florida—Battle for Big East supremacy.
3. Iowa vs. Wisconsin—A big game in the Big Ten.
4. USC vs. Notre Dame—A college football tradition.
5. Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech—Battle of the Techies is also a battle of ranked teams.
6. Alabama vs. South Carolina—Just another SEC gigantic game.
7. Nebraska vs. Texas Tech—Should be a good one.
8. Penn State vs. Minnesota—Much tougher than most on PSU's schedule thus far.
9. Tulsa vs. Boise—Break out the calculator.
10. Arkansas at Florida—Do the Hogs have any chance?
Visit Mitch anytime at The Sports Chat Place
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!