This weekend we will witness another huge game of the year in the SEC conference. The Gators travel to Baton Rouge to take on LSU. The winner between these two teams has went on to win the National Championship in the last three years. Florida is riding a 14 game winning streak into face LSU but the superstar and leader of the team, Tebow, is hurt. Oddsmakers have made Florida a 7.5 point favorite and set total at 44. This game will most likely have huge meaning for both winning the SEC and the National Chmampionship. Make sure you don't miss this game and make sure you check out our betting trends and facts to help you win this weekend.
Many are hanging on every newspaper or television update on star Tim Tebow. You heard it hear he will play and be effective so don't worry yourself. The Gators will win this game if the defense can continue to dominate as they have only allowed 7.5 pts per game thus far. Defensively Florida is very fast but are not the biggest team and the big offensive line of LSU could give them trouble in the power running game. The Gator offense can really help the defense if they get up early and take away the running game option for LSU. Florida offensively have to be creative to score points as this years attack has not moved the ball nearly as well. This week they will face the best defense in the SEC and could cause Tebow and clan real trouble. Check out recent betting trends for the Gators:
- -Gators are 11-0 ATS in their last 11 road vs. a team with a winning home record.
- -Gators are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games as a road favorite.
- -Gators are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 road games.
- -Gators are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in October.
- -Gators are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 conference games.
- -Gators are 17-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
LSU and Coach Miles love the underdog role. In fact he has been playing up the underdog role all week and don't worry the Tigers will not be afraid of the Gators. Most people look at the scores so far this year and say LSU can't win this game but the scores are decieving. Offensively the Tigers are not a team that is going to wow you but they are very effective. The strength though on this team is the defense. If they are to beat the Gators it will be by a great defensive performance. Coach Miles will run the ball to take away possessions and hope that his defense will come up with some key turnovers to win. Some interesting betting trends to consider for LSU this weekend:
- -Tigers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games in October.
- -Tigers are 8-21-1 ATS in their last 30 conference games.
- -Tigers are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games overall.
- -Tigers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games on grass.
- -Tigers are 3-12-1 ATS in their last 16 home games.
This game has instant ESPN Classic all over it. Once again the winner of this game will be in the drivers seat to win the SEC and a shot at the BCS Championship game.
Still not sure which side to wager on? Come to CT SPORTS PICKS and get the GUARANTEED WINNER from one of our 20 Handicappers!