Wow, what a game yesterday!
As the saying goes, it's better to be lucky than good. I'll take the win, but I certainly do not feel good about how we played.
I take that back. I'm not happy about the way we coached.
I don't know why Carson had 20 pass attempts at halftime and Benson had only nine carries against a team that allowed 180 yards rushing and three touchdowns to Adrian Peterson.
I watched the game. I'm not blind. I realize that Benson was having a difficult time getting things started, but again it was the coaching.
Benson was trying to run the ball up the gut. Can anyone tell me who the Browns defensive tackles are? That's right, Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams, arguably the best position in terms of talent on the entire Cleveland Browns team.
Why continue to run it there? Try bouncing one outside.
I gotta give it up to the defense. It seems like they were on the field the entire game and still came up big when we needed to the most. That was as far as a defense can bend without breaking.
Now, I am literally so pissed off at Brad St. Louis I can barely talk about it. How many points has this guy cost us?
Seriously, there are 120 Division I college football teams with a long snapper. Are you telling me that Brad St. Louis is the best there is out there? He is TERRIBLE. There has to be someone out there with a little more ice in his veins that can get the job done.
His performance was embarrassing. He does one thing...ONE, and he can't even do that!
Guys bust their ass up and down the field for 60 minutes and the long snapper is the guy who has cost us numerous missed opportunities. It's unaccetpable. I sincerely hope that Marvin is looking into alternatives to St. Louis.
* Check out Sunday's box score here
* Kevin Huber is my hero. Talk about an upgrade to Kyle Larson. Wow.
* Who was making the decision to kick it to Cribbs every time? It was funny. All the Bengals fans on Twitter were saying, "Don't kick it to Cribbs, he's burnt us every time." And yet the next punt would go to Cribbs, and yes, he would burn us again!
I will give the punt team credit though, they contained him very well when they needed to the most—in overtime.
* Chad, you dropped the ball. Walk back to the huddle and stop looking for someone else to blame. Seriously, stop being such a cry baby. Players drop passes all the time. It happens. As much as you don't want to believe this, you are human.
*Speaking of Chad, was he wearing pink flags? You know, like little league flag football flags?
* Even with Benson getting hardly any touches in the first half and just a few in the second, he still ended up with 18 carries and 74 yards. That's 4.1 yards a carry. It's like we completely ignored him for some reason.
* How many people started screaming at Rich Gannon like I did when he said we would leave too much time on the clock if we scored in overtime?
Talk about the wrong move. I was so pissed from just watching the game, then I had to deal with a broadcaster who didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Read this article about the slip up.
* J.P. Foschi was our leading receiver. Um, yeah.
* Although Chris Henry hasn't been very involved in the offense up to this point, he has been clutch when we need him. Keep up the good work Slim. He's a first down catching machine.
*Finally, it was reported that on the Bengals' final 4th-and-10 Carson had to go over and plea with Marvin Lewis to go for the win and elect not to punt the ball back to the Browns with a little over 40 seconds left.
Does this concern anyone else but me? Seriously, I know we weren't in the best position, but punting the ball back to your opponent with 46 seconds left in OT instead of going for the win? Grow some balls, Marvin.
I would rather lose the game than not have the balls to do what we eventually did, thanks to Carson Palmer.
Here you go Marvin. Please, take some lessons.