Hard to believe these two rivals could have any extra motivation but with the whole Brett Farve saga we have more. Monday Night Football has lucked out with a huge game that has huge post season ramifications. Oddsmakers have made the Vikings -4 point favorite and set total at 44.5! This rivalry comes from a division known for the big hits and tonights game should be no different. Don't go into tonights game without getting CT Sports must know facts and trends.
The Green Bay Packers have started 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread. This offense has had no problem moving on from Farve as Rodgers has been very good. The major issues on offense has came this season from the offensive line who has been very poor so far allowing 12 sacks in only three games. Not good news as the strength of Minnesota is the front 7 on defense. Defensively the Packers have changed defensive coordinators and have switched to the 3-4 defense. The change has not really helped as they still have been allowing over 21 points per game. They will have to be very disciplined today with the best RB in the league who has a couple big runs him every game. The Packers lead the series 10-7 since 2001. Some interesting betting trends for the Packers:
- -Packers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on turf.
- -Packers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 vs. NFC North.
- -Packers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog.
- -Packers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 Monday games.
- -Packers are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 road games.
Can you imagine how pumped Brett Farve is to play his former team? His teammates have to know how much this means to him and if they need any extra motivation verse the rival Packers they now have it. Last week saw the Vikings win on a miracle Farve comeback and a long TD pass. That puts MIN at 3-0 straight up and 2-1 against the spread. The Vikings got our of the trap game as they were definitely looking ahead to this game. Minnesota is very good on defense in fact they are only allowing 19 points per game and many of them have come after the 1st team defense was on the bench. On offense the only question has been can the receivers make enough plays to keep the extra man out of the box. So far this year the receivers have been great with rookie Harvin playing a superstar role. Check out the recent betting trends for the Vikings:
- -Vikings are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 vs. NFC North.
- -Vikings are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite.
- -Vikings are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC.
- -Vikings are 0-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- -Vikings are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on turf.
- -Vikings are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games.
Logic says the Vikings can't lose this game but as you see the betting trends are all one sided and say the Packers. Still not sure yourself?? Check out our Expert Cappers GUARANTEED WINNER for MNF!!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!